Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine is seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist.
Join our Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This physician would join a division of 14 faculty member physicians and 4 NP/PA s that provides inpatient and consultation care at Penn State Health Children's Hospital and provides coverage for inpatients at Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital.
- As the only academic Children's Hospital in the area, we have access to a full array of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialty consultation and support.
- We are a tertiary referral center for a large geographic area, diverse patient populations and a wide range of medical conditions.
- The Children's Hospital is the primary pediatric training site for Penn State College of Medicine, and there are multiple teaching opportunities, working with both pediatric residents and medical students, as well as many other learners throughout the institution.
What we re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in General Pediatrics and Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics; Pediatric Hospital Medicine preferred
- Participation in teaching and engagement with division s quality improvement, scholarly work, and research.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people system wide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, PA.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, PA.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, PA.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly