Experienced Ambulatory Medical Director needed for growing market in Mendocino County, California
Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is seeking an experienced physician to join our growing team in Mendocino County as our Ambulatory Market Medical Director.
Adventist Health creates a setting where providers have the opportunity to help individuals live healthier, happier lives. We are dedicated to transforming the health experience of our communities in California, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest through our unique focus on caring for the whole person—mind, body and spirit. As a faith-based health system founded on Seventh-day Adventist heritage and values, we know how important it is to put your mission first. Because when you are called to a fulfilling career in healthcare, you want to spend your time being more inspired.
Located two hours north of San Francisco, on Highway 101, Ukiah is a mid-sized community centrally located in the county seat of Mendocino. Ukiah boasts great schools (including a junior college), museums, cultural diversity and cuisine, and a plethora of outdoor activities.
This represents an outstanding opportunity to work in a supportive and compassionate environment, as a member of an organization dedicated to providing you with the necessary resources to succeed.This position would require both a patient schedule as well as administrative duties.
Reporting to the Regional Medical Director, the incoming Market Medical Director (MMD) works in a “dyadic model” of leadership with the Director of Operations to provide direction to the assigned clinics within the region. Under this model, the incoming director and operations lead are jointly responsible for driving the culture of Adventist Health (mission, vision and values), internal organizational relationships and overall assigned clinic performance. This position has distinct accountability for the quality of the clinical professionals and their work, provider behaviors, provider production, compliance, patient care standards, clinical pathways/model management, referring physician relations and provider leverage.
- In partnership, the incoming MMD (Market Medical Director) and DOO (Director of Operations) are responsible for:
- Ensuring Adventist Health’s culture (mission, vision and values) permeates and guides all aspects of assigned clinics.
- Building internal organizational relationships with key individuals (employed physicians, referring physicians, extenders, executives and clinic employees) for the expressed purpose of driving organizational strategy and related goals.
- Implementing the regional strategy and related goals that support the effective and efficient delivery of quality care and financial sustainability.
- The overall performance of assigned clinics. This includes utilizing standard methods, mechanisms and systems for monitoring and evaluating business performance.
- Implementing the appropriate policies, procedures and systems to support the regions provider retention efforts.
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Excellent at team building and motivating people. Motivates clinic medical leadership, extenders and clinic leadership to perform and achieve goals. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Comfortable allowing the team to take credit for business accomplishments.
- In consultation with the DOO and HR, oversees hiring and disciplinary process for physicians and extenders. When necessary, defines appropriate disciplinary action and administrates actions within AHPS policies and procedures.
- Evaluates performance, identifies opportunities for performance improvement, and defines plans for performance goal achievement as outlined within AHPS performance evaluation policies.
- Proficient at being a teacher, mentor and coach. Provides support to clinic medical leadership, as appropriate.
- Conducts monthly provider meetings and monthly Practice Operations Committee meetings with the assistance of the DOO.
- Supports, promotes and exemplifies Adventist Heath’s mission and values.
- Education: Completion of a recognized course of study such that s/he is a lawfully licensed. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Health Care Management, or related field preferred
- Experience: Three to five years of management experience required.
- License/Certification: Licensed provider in the State of California. Board certified in practicing specialty (preferably primary care).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Ability to provide leadership. Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment. Knowledge of human resources and finance/accounting activities, policies, and procedures. Within a structured timeframe, has the ability to effectively and quickly respond to leadership demands in a pro-active manner. Knowledge and ability to make decisions independently with discretion and thoughtfulness.
Employed Model: Physicians Network Medical Group (PNMG)
We are proud to offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Lucrative compensation package
- Starting bonus
- Generous annual quality bonus
- 20 patient facing hours + 20 admin hours
- Work/Life balance
- Time Away from Practice, holidays off, CME allowance and sick time
- Full benefits package (medical/dental/vision/malpracitce)
- Relocation reimbursement
- Excellent 401(k) retirement and savings plan
Candidate must be board certified, be California licensed or eligible and meet the hospital’s medical staff credentialing standards
You were made for more. More connection. More satisfaction. More ending each day knowing you’ve made a difference. Throughout our hospitals and clinics, Adventist Health creates a setting where providers have the opportunity to help individuals live healthier, happier lives. We are dedicated to transforming the health experience of our communities in California, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest through our unique focus on caring for the whole person—mind, body and spirit. As a faith-based health system founded on Seventh-day Adventist heritage and values, we know how important it is to put your mission first. Because when you are called to a fulfilling career in healthcare, you want to spend your time being more inspired.
Apply for Experienced Ambulatory Medical Director needed for growing market in Mendocino County, California
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly