Supportive Care and Palliative Medicine Physician
UPMC Central Pa. a growing, 7 hospital, multisite health care system is seeking a physician to join the Supportive Care and Palliative Medicine program to provide inpatient and outpatient palliative medicine to patients with serious, chronic illness at our York and Lititz hospitals.
We offer a competitive salary with an array of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, relocation services, potential sign-on bonus, and a three-year retention bonus just for starters.
- Join a successful program including 4 physicians and 6 certified nurse practitioners who provide pain and non-pain symptom management and advanced palliative care for patients as they receive care from their primary or specialist team
- Actively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family care experience
- Improve the effectiveness of resources as used in management of symptoms, complex chronic medical and social issues
- Flexible schedule, full-time position
- Teaching opportunities with IM residents, as well as nursing and CRNP students
- Shared call 1:8
- Faculty appointment with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Board-certified/Board-eligible in Palliative Medicine
- Must be able to assess, evaluate, plan, and implement care in complex and life limiting situations
- Must be capable of offering specialized knowledge and skill to all members of the health care staff
- Must have the ability to balance emotionally challenging situations in the context of serious medical illness
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care as well as family support and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Will consider 2021-2022 palliative fellowship graduates for candidacy
- Highly competitive salary with potential sign on bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation allowance
UPMC Central Pa.
About UPMC Central Pa.
UPMC Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Central Pa. health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania s top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia it s a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com America s Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a 2 3 hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Apply for Supportive Care and Palliative Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly