Vice Chair, Gynecology
Title: Vice Chair, Gynecology:
NYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a Vice Chair of Gynecology. The purpose of this role is to direct quality and safety work for the Gynecology service, lead new programmatic development, and oversee strategic growth of the Gynecologic subspecialties, including Gynecologic Oncology, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, FPMRS and REI. This administrative role reports to the Department Chair, and serves on the Department Executive Committee. The time allocated to this role will be one day per week, and all other responsibilities will continue outside of this dedicated time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the Department Chair to plan for strategic growth of the clinical enterprise while maintaining its academic excellence and productivity.
- Partner with the Department Chair and Service Chiefs to continuously improve quality of care delivered to patients; this includes management of key performance indicators such as length of stay, on-time starts, surgical site infections, etc.
- Oversee and supervise the improvement and expansion of clinical facilities for gynecologic services.
- Oversee clinical faculty and staff involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Optimize departmental block time utilization for current physicians and new recruits.
- Evaluation of surgical privileges and credentialing/recredentialing processes for gynecologic surgery.
- Oversight of clinical protocols and creation of new protocols/pathways to optimize patient outcomes.
- Participate in the NYULH Perioperative Committee, departmental Executive Committee, departmental Quality Assurance Committee, and other committees as needed/appropriate.
- Other initiatives as mandated by the Joint Commission, CME, or New York State.
Candidates must be Board certified and demonstrate a strong commitment to patient care as well as trainee education. Applicants should have successfully completed a U.S. Accredited OB/GYN Residency training program and have a New York State Medical license. Applicants may be specialists in academic general obstetrics and gynecology or may be gynecologic subspecialists. Urogynecologists/FPMRS physicians are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply online through https://apply.interfolio.com/89787. Cover letter and CV are required
Apply for Vice Chair, Gynecology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly