- Thirteen year old hospitalist program with 38 physicians and 10 NP/PAs.
- Hospitalists cover Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center and Essentia Health Duluth which are located on the same campus and connected via an indoor skywalk system. Provision of secondary and tertiary care services to patients from a wide-region including northern Wisconsin and north central and eastern Minnesota
- Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center is a 330-bed tertiary care hospital, Level II certified Trauma Center with consistently highest ranked cardiovascular program and is a certified Stroke Center.
- Essentia Health Duluth is an attached 140 bed multispecialty hospital with inpatient intensive care, acute dialysis, medical-surgical, psychiatry, and outpatient surgery units
- Provide 24 hour onsite coverage with the assistance of a nocturnist program
- ICU coverage is primarily non-intubated patients. Critical Care physicians cover most intubated patients
- 14-16 patients per day (includes admission, consults, rounding and discharge) with assistance of credentialed practitioners in team-based collaborative model
- Satisfying balance of attending and consultative responsibilities covering multiple specialties
- Opportunities to participate in hospital-based research, quality and clinical initiatives
- Teaching service providing internal medicine rotations for 10 Duluth Family Medicine residents
- Friendly, collegial environment with 11 day teams of hospitalists and credentialed practitioners, 2 evening hospitalists, and 2 nocturnists currently
- Epic Electronic Medical Record utilized throughout the entire Essentia Health healthcare system
- 7-day on, 7 day off schedule throughout the year; 182 shifts is considered full-time
- Sign on bonus available to qualified candidates
- Physician who is BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Practice with strong interest and experience in hospital-based care
- Duluth, MN - a harbor city which is located at the westernmost tip of beautiful Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of the metropolitan Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Duluth city population: 86,000; Regional service area: 460,000
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly