Pediatric Hepatologist (Riley Hospital)
Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health is seeking a patient-focused Pediatric Hepatologist to join our thriving clinical practice and collaborate with our highly skilled, supportive teams at the nationally ranked Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, Indiana. The board certified pediatric gastroenterologists and skilled team members at Riley provide expert, personalized care to children with conditions of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas, as well as nutritional issues. Through comprehensive evaluation, individualized treatment and extensive education, we work with each child to improve health and ensure quality of life. Our team of 17 specialists leads nationally in research and clinical care, performing more than 2,700 endoscopies and managing over 16,000 outpatient visits each year.
- Full-time position with strong work/life balance supported by standard schedule primarily focused in outpatient care
- Care for patients at Riley Hospital for Children in downtown Indianapolis and IU Health North Hospital in Carmel
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine providing opportunities to lead as a clinician educator and improve care through research (part of NASH CRN, CHILDREN, CFLD, SPLIT, PALF research networks)
- Patient care includes but not limited to:
- Liver clinics (metabolic liver disease, biliary atresia, viral hepatitis, liver failure, NAFLD, etc.)
- Liver transplant (10-12 transplants per year with active participation in post-transplant care, leadership opportunities)
- Opportunity to continue pediatric GI clinical activities/call coverage
- Endoscopy, colonoscopy
- Comprehensive benefits package provided by IU Health Physicians & IU School of Medicine
- Completion of pediatric residency, pediatric gastroenterology fellowship AND CAQ transplant hepatology
- Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatrics & Pediatric Gastroenterology
- New graduates and experienced providers are encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- Visa sponsorship available for H1B and J1 2022 candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Community Description
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
View full job description here.
Apply for Pediatric Hepatologist (Riley Hospital)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly