Einstein Healthcare Network has provided compassionate, high-quality healthcare to anyone in need since 1866. We began with what was, in the late 1800's, a remarkable and forward-thinking creed: to provide medical care to the sick and wounded without regard to creed, color or nationality. Our primary mission remains true to the founder's intent. With our more than 500 employed specialty and primary care physicians, Einstein is able to provide the full spectrum of service to our community, from primary though quaternary care. Our primary service area is North Philadelphia whose population has significant medical needs and other challenges. Einstein is known for its mission of commitment to community and has gained a reputation for excellence, compassion and innovation. Einstein Physicians Philadelphia, our employed specialty practice group, and the department of medicine, are seeking to add a General - Gastroenterologist to our team of outstanding physicians. Join us; make a difference.
The group offers comprehensive gastrointestinal healthcare services, including advanced diagnostics, endoscopic therapies and advanced minimally invasive endoscopic procedures. The practice is proud to promote a patient-centric culture, comprehensive approach to individualized patient care, and a positive work environment for the physicians and staff.
The practice currently consists of ten physicians who practice general and advanced gastroenterology and each also have a special niche interest. Two physicians perform advanced endoscopic procedures. The position is a mix of inpatient and outpatient work, and the physicians participate in a coverage pool 4-5 weekends per year, with weeknight coverage varies but usually once every 1-2 months. In addition, there is an option to work with GI fellows, internal medicine residents and medical students, and to apply for an academic appointment at Sydney Kimmel College of Medicine.
Endo centers at Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia (EMCP), Einstein Medical Center - Montgomery (EMCM), and Einstein Medical Center - Elkins Park (EMCEP) and ambulatory centers at EMCM SPUB, Einstein Endoscopy Center at Blue Bell (EECBB), and Einstein Center One. GI Motility lab is centered at EMCM but can also be performed at EMCP. Video capsule enteroscopy (VCE) is available in both markets (urban and suburban). The division is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, which include 190 Olympus scopes.
MD or DO from an accredited program or foreign equivalent
Completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency
Completion of an ACGME accredited GI fellowship
Board certified/eligible in IM, GI
Appropriate licenses and certifications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Academic rank - Sidney Kimmel College of Medicine
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Learn more about our home, Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.
- Visit Philadelphia Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city. www.visitphilly.com
- City of Philadelphia The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives. www.phila.gov
- PHL Diversity Showcases the city s vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations. www.discoverphl.com/meet/phldiversity
- To learn about Einstein's Graduate Medical Education Program: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
- To learn more about the Philadelphia and surrounding counties please visit: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
Apply for General Gastroenterology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly