Division Chief, Department of Healthcare Delivery and Population Science
3 days left
- Position Type
- Chair/Chief/Medical Director
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, seeks an inaugural Chief for the newly established Division of Health Equity and Health Services Research. The successful candidate will be a physician with a demonstrated track record of research, teaching, mentoring, and program development. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the growth of research, education, and service programs within a new medical school and health system department. Resources will be available for the inaugural Chief to build on existing strengths, recruit and support new faculty, and achieve national prominence for the division. Candidate should have credentials supportive of an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level.
Position Highlights –
- Serve as a member of the Departmental leadership team, with shared responsibility for strategic planning, policy and process development, budgeting, appointments and promotions, and human resources. Recruit, supervise and retain research-oriented faculty to create and grow new division.
- Collaborate with other investigators within the Department and from UMMS-Baystate on the development and execution of grants and contracts. Represent the Department as a member of Health System, Medical School, and External committees.
- Collaborate with Baystate Health clinical leaders to develop and implement programs to improve health equity in the communities we serve.
- Maintain an independently funded research program focused on issues related to health services research and healthy equity.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: ABMS Board Certified Physician. Completion of advanced research training and/or PhD. Maintain an independently funded research program. Success as a mentor of students, residents and fellows, and junior faculty.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Peter Lindenauer, Chair, Department of Healthcare Delivery and Population Sciences
c/o Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, CPRP
Phone: 413-794-8701 Email: Ariana.Caradiaz@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for Division Chief, Department of Healthcare Delivery and Population Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- General Practice Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Springfield
- Internal Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Springfield
- Other Specialty Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Springfield
- Public Health / Preventive Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Springfield