Residency Program Director
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the State of Texas and one of the largest in the United States. Serving a large and diverse population across North and Central Texas, BSWH has the vision and resources to provide its patients continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing health care environment. The BSWH system includes 47 hospitals, more than 900 access points, over 6,600 physicians and 43,500 employees, plus a state certified Health Maintenance Organization, the Scott and White Health Plan (Health Plan), and Baylor Quality Health Care Alliance LLC (BSWQA) – a high performing network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations, and reducing the overall cost of care.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie is looking for a Residency Program Director. The hospital is a 300,000 square-foot facility located at the intersection of I-35 and Highway 287 on 52 acres of land and just 30 miles south of downtown Dallas. It has been designed to accommodate 129 beds with room for future growth capabilities. Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie brings quality care to Ellis County and surrounding communities. As a not-for-profit hospital, we are dedicated to serving everyone through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service.
- This role would be a 50/50 split between clinical and administrative duties during the development phase before transitioning into the full-time Program Director role.
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards for the residency or fellowship program
- Development and oversight of quality curriculum, clinical education, didactics, and simulation.
- Recruitment and selection of trainees
- Supervision and evaluation of trainees, including regarding their teaching responsibilities to junior trainees and medical students.
- Recruitment and facilitation of medical staff/faculty involvement in activities related to the residency or fellowship program, including teaching, supervision, evaluation, scholarly activity, and faculty development.
- Working with GME to fulfill and maintain all program and institutional accreditation requirements by the ACGME and CMS, including but not limited to, Clinical Learning Environment Reviews.
- Oversee the Clinical Competency Committee, full process for evaluation of trainee performance, and counseling of trainees as required
- Develop and implement performance improvement/remediation plans, as appropriate
- Collaborate with Clerkship Director in charge of medical students to fulfil all obligations to/requirements of affiliated medical school
- Oversight of duty hours logs and procedure logs
- Represent the department and program in professional local and national organizations
- Participate in continuing professional education and faculty development locally and attend national meetings for Program Director education and development.
- Participate in departmental and/or hospital committees as appropriate to role in GME and for patient care as appropriate and address all quality or patient care issues related to residents/fellows or the training program.
- Participating in scholarly activity as appropriate to the program director role.
- Perform other reasonable duties or special projects as requested by the Program, GME or Hospital.
Mission, Vision and Values:
Our Mission: Why we exist
Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, Baylor Scott & White Health promotes the well-being of all individuals, families and communities.
Our Vision: What we aspire to be
To be the trusted leader, educator and innovator in value-based care delivery, customer experience and affordability.
Our Values: How we behave
We serve faithfully
We act honestly
We never settle
We are in it together
Our Strategies: Keys to achieving our Vision
Health – Provide seamless and exceptional quality care by transforming into one high-performing team
Experience – Create customers for life; driving loyalty by empowering consumers and delivering on the brand promise
Affordability – Reduce the financial burden on our customers and invest in Our Core by relentlessly driving down the total cost of care
Alignment – Ensure consistent results through a streamlined team approach and unified operating and clinical models
Growth – Create value for those we serve through the pursuit of sustainable growth initiatives
Procedure for Candidacy
CVs can be sent in confidence to Brittany Seibert at Brittany.Seibert@BSWHealth.org
Baylor Scott & White Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Residency Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly