Anesthesiology Division Chief
The Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine (ACCM) at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA), along with the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California announces a search for Chief of our Division of Anesthesiology. We are seeking an accomplished clinician scientist to lead and cultivate the academic development and productivity of the Division of Anesthesiology. The ideal candidate will be a pediatric anesthesiologist with an accomplished clinical research record of extramural funding and publication. This position will involve faculty development and mentoring, and close collaboration with ongoing investigative programs in ACCM and across CHLA. This is a new role designed specifically to promote academic success and professional development for our faculty and fellows, as the clinical operations of the operating rooms and other anesthetizing locations is well managed now by our Clinical Director of Anesthesiology.
Specific leadership responsibilities will entail:
- Creates a positive work environment for the division.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for physicians and trainees to support a culture of professionalism and effective communication within the division and department. Build a strong partnership with other division leaders, both internal and external to ACCM, to collaborate with physician leaders on clinical activities
- Monitors and understands the local and national forces shaping healthcare in the US and how these forces may influence the future of the discipline.
- Identifies opportunities for growth of the department’s and division’s clinical, research, and educational programs.
- Provides guidance and participates in implementation of growth plans, including monitoring progress and performance in achieving objectives.
- Actively participate in departmental and division fundraising activities and represent the division at events. Assist Department Chair in addressing clinical, service, process and behavioral complaints directly with division and affected faculty, escalating to the Department Chair as needed. Ensure divisional faculty compliance with clinical practice billing and documentation rules and regulations.
- Develop and participate in annual departmental budget, collaborating with the Department Chair, department management team, medical group and hospital.
- Effectively operationalize financial strategic plan goals and priorities of department. Coordinates all educational activities for anesthesiology (in collaboration with education/fellowship services of the department).
- Responsible for the administrative development and conduct of cooperative group and institutional research programs for pediatric anesthesia (in collaboration with the research services of the department).
- Lead and participate in quality assurance and performance improvement activities for the division in partnership with our QA/QI teams.
- Delivers thoughtful, accurate and timely academic and performance evaluations for division faculty in accordance with required procedures and timelines.
- Leads recruitment for department faculty; responsible for recommending faculty appointment, reappointment and academic promotions. When requested, assists with recruitment of key faculty for other departments, hospital, and medical group staff.
If interested, please apply using the link above. For further inquiries, please contact:
Rosie Zesati, MAM, C-TAGME
Administrator, Academic and Professional Affairs
Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine
Phone 323-361-5591 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic appointment through USC Keck School of Medicine is available at a level appropriate to training and experience. CHLA and USC strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, underrepresented minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Anesthesiology Division Chief
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly