Regional Medical Director - MedStar Health Urgent Care
Regional Medical Director (RMD) - Southern Region
MedStar Health Urgent Care is looking for a full-time Regional Medical Director (RMD) - Southern Region (Waldorf Shopper s World, Waldorf Festival Way, La Plata, California, and Charlotte Hall). Physician must be board-certified in either Emergency, Family, or Internal/Pediatrics Medicine. MedStar Urgent Care sites span throughout Maryland; District of Columbia and Northern Virginia. As a Medical Director, the physician's role will include urgent care clinical time, as well as administrative/leadership time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Physician shall be employed on a full-time basis and shall dedicate a percentage of time to the role as Regional Medical Director, including handling administrative, managerial and leadership oversight responsibilities for the Employer as follows:
- The RMD will act as a key clinical leader in the assigned region and will be the conduit and first point of communication and contact with the providers within the assigned region.
- Evaluate patient satisfaction surveys and comment alerts or any other source of patient feedback for issues regarding patient complaints for clinical care and will be responsible for working with the patient experience office in researching and resolving complaints involving provider (MD/APP) issues.
- Provide input to the scheduler for creating clinical schedules for pods within the assigned region. Point of contact for providers for clinical coverage issues (call outs and surge) when these issues cannot be resolved by the providers themselves or the scheduler or other managers.
- Conduct initial reviews for new employees (FPPE) and bi-annual provider reviews (OPPE); conduct site visits; and perform provider coaching sessions as needed.
- Assist in administration and implementation of MedStar Urgent Care Policies, Procedures and new initiatives.
- Assist in improvement and maintenance of MedStar Urgent Care performance indicators of Quality and Safety, Patient Satisfaction, Documentation and Coding, financial, and provider engagement.
Fully paid malpractice coverage is offered along with many fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- CME paid time off and stipend
- And much more!
Why join MedStar Medical Group?
We are a progressive, forward-thinking organization that enables you to define your own future by region, specialty, or professional interest. We are also among the nation s 15 largest medical groups, with the resources of highly respected MedStar Health behind us. We are collaborative, too. Your input and opinions concerning quality of patient care, your practice and this organization truly matter. You ll also find balance here. We work hard, but we also value our personal lives and pursuits beyond the workplace. If you want an exciting career that is always challenging, always rewarding, apply now.
Apply for Regional Medical Director - MedStar Health Urgent Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly