System Chief, Hospital Medicine
System Chief, Hospital Medicine
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experience Hospital Medicine physician to lead our organization in western Massachusetts.
- Lead one of the largest integrated hospital medicine programs in the country.
- Participate in redesigning delivery of care model across our academic medical center and 3 community hospitals.
- Manage a seamlessly integrated, multi-site Hospital Medicine program. Bring our hospitalists, APPs and support teams together as one team.
- Oversee clinical, quality and financial performance of the BH Hospital Medicine enterprise.
- Nurture an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical and administrative partners in the delivery of care.
- 5+ years’ hospital medicine experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Academic record consistent with the level of Associate Professor or above at UMMS-Baystate.
- ABMS board certification in internal medicine. Preference for additional fellowship training and/or MPH or MBA.
- Experience with transitions or care quality and safety highly desired.
- Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
The Pioneer Valley provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Abraham Thomas, Chair, Dept. of Medicine, Baystate Health
c/o Melissa Hale, Physician Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.Hale@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.