EM - Physician - Guthrie Cortland Medical Center
You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- ED Volume: 19,000
- 25% admission rate
- Highly functional Emergency Department design
- Radiology suite and PAC system located in the ED with real-time radiologist reads 24/7
- A broad mix of patient pathology, adult and pediatric
- Stroke Telemedicine coordination
- Minimal boarding of patients in ED
- EPIC EMR
- 166-bed community hospital part of the well respected Guthrie system since January 2019
- Full-service capabilities with most specialties represented on site
- Interventional cardiology, major trauma, neurosurgery, and pediatrics are transferred
- Hospitalist service is in-house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Cortland is a beautiful city in the desirable Finger Lakes region, 25 miles south of Syracuse. The town offers a variety of residential options including established older communities, suburban subdivisions, the college-town environment of nearby Ithaca, and the southern suburbs of Syracuse. The region has highly regarded school systems and is home to numerous colleges and universities, including Cornell, Ithaca, Syracuse & Cortland State Universities.
The many lakes for which the region is famous provide ample and picturesque water recreational opportunities; residents also have easy access to ski resorts, wineries, golf courses and some of the best mountain biking trails in the northeast.
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center
134 Homer Ave.
Cortland, NY 13045-1206
Apply for EM - Physician - Guthrie Cortland Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly