Chairman , Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health are seeking to hire a Chairman to lead the development and implementation of a Strategic Plan to grow Womens Health Services in the Eastern Region. The Chair shall maintain the highest quality of medical care in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health. The position will report in to the President of Overlook Medical Center and the Medical Director of Women's Health Service Line.
Atlantic Health System is at the forefront of medicine, setting standards for quality health care in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the New York metropolitan area. Powered by a workforce of almost 17,500 team members and 4,800 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities, Atlantic Health System serves more than half of the state of New Jersey including 11 counties and 4.9 million people. The not-for-profit system offers more than 400 sites of care, including 8 hospitals: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, CentraState Hospital in Freehold, and Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute in Madison, NJ.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ.
- Arrange and maintain the organization of the Department to provide adequate supervision and evaluation of the clinical work and
- Establish and monitor individual performance measures for Focused Professional Performance Evaluation (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Performance Evaluation (OPPE). FPPE and OPPE are to be performed in a cadence that meets regulatory requirements and results should be shared with the physician or allied health professional. Outlier performance will be addressed with the individual practitioner as needed, in conjunction with the Chief Medical Office as needed, e.g., repeated or more egregious outlier performance.
- In collaboration with Service Line leadership and Site/Eastern Region leadership help lead the development and implementation of a Strategic Plan to grow Women’s health services in the Eastern Region.
- Serve as the Eastern Region lead physician for the establishment of primary care practices in Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women’s Health and the recruitment of physicians and allied health professionals to service these practices. Work in conjunction with AMG to ensure high quality, accessible and effective primary care practices.
- Collaborate with the Service Line Director of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women ' s Health with respect to the staffing of all sub-specialty areas of Obstetrics & Gynecology in the Eastern Region.
- Recommend measures for building and maintaining a staff dedicated to the best patient care and quality of work, including making recommendations as may be required for supplies, equipment and facilities pertaining to the
- Supervise the medical records of the Department for adequacy, quality and promptness of completion. Be responsible for all CQI endeavors for the Department in collaboration with the Service Line Director for the
- Assume the duty and authority for compliance with the Hospital Medical Staff By-Laws and Rules and Regulations in the Department, reporting to the Service Line Director of the Department those situations in which his/her compliance efforts are unsuccessful, and formulating special regulations such as standing orders and techniques that may be required from time to time.
- Make recommendations to the Credentials Committee regarding privileges for members of the OBGYN Department at least biannually and more often as circumstances may
- Report each monthly meeting to the Executive Committee of the Medical Staff concerning the activities of the OBGYN Department and cooperate with the chairpersons of other departments in matter involving interdepartmental interests and
- Assure the optimum level of continuing medical education for the Medical Staff through departmental meetings, guest speakers, courses and clinical
- Develop and maintain the optimum quality of ambulatory care for patients of the OBGYN Department.
- Participate in community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned to the physician by Hospital's Chief Medical Officer or the Service Line Director, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's
- Serve on committees assigned by the Service Line Director of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's
- Establish and monitor critical pathways, guidelines and protocols in collaboration and approval of the Service Line Director of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's
- Review, revise or create rules and regulations for the Department in collaboration with a departmental advisory committee and the Service Line
- Onboarding and mentoring of new physicians and allied health professionals to support successful practitioner integration and best clinical
- Monitor compliance by the attending staff with the policy of 24/7 coverage of the hospital for OB/GYN.
- Evaluate and collaborate with the Service Line Director of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health in matters involving physician non-compliance and disciplinary Perform collegial interventions and establish FPPE plans as needed.
- Work in collaboration with the Residency Program to provide resident
- Provide lectures to the residents as needed to meet the curriculum learning Physician shall oversee delivery of those medical, educational and administrative services described above to insure continued compliance with any applicable standard, ruling, law, or regulation of The Joint Commission, the New Jersey Department of Health, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, or any other federal, state, or local government agency, and Hospital and Medical Staff policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Physician shall cause the services to be performed in accordance with all requirements of the deferral and state constitutions, all applicable federal and state statutes and regulations, and the standards of any applicable accrediting body or board.
Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Leadership experience
Apply for Chairman , Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly