Seeking Experienced BC/BE Pulmonologist with Sleep Medicine for Supervisory Section Chief at Har...
The VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System (VATVCBHCS) in Harlingen Texas is seeking an experienced clinician and leader who is Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine for Supervisory Section Chief of Pulmonology and Cardiology, who will oversee the department’s program operations, to include budget and fiscal management, human resources management, strategic planning and program development. The selected physician should have at least 3-5 years of professional clinical supervisory experience and excellence within the full scope of Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine practice and skills. The VATVCBHCS in Harlingen operates as an outpatient Ambulatory Care Center and has five associated community-based outpatient clinics offering veteran patient care services throughout the twenty counties comprised of the Laredo, McAllen, Harlingen, and Corpus Christi service areas. Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with no call responsibility expected.
- Must be a US Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must possess Current Active Unencumbered US Medical License
- Fellowship Training and Board Certification/Eligibility in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- Candidates with at least 3-5 years of clinical supervisory and leadership experience highly desired
With a population of 65,022 Harlingen is the 50th largest community in Texas and is an ethnically diverse city with comparatively low cost of living in a tropical setting with rich outdoor activities and recreational pursuits available; solid primary, secondary, college preparatory schools, colleges and universities; and very affordable range of new and existing residential home ownership and rental properties available. Harlingen lies just 30 miles from the coast of the Gulf of Mexico offering easy access to beautiful beach areas and near South Padre Island, a favorite winter and spring-break destination.
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance and robust benefits package
- Expected annual salary range of $300,000 - $340,000 depending on credentials and experience
- Annual Performance Pay Bonus up to $15,000 available
- Paid Time Off: 26 Days’ Vacation, 13 Days Sick and 10 Federal Holidays with pay
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Life insurance plans and Flexible Health Spending Accounts available
- Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan with up to 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for Seeking Experienced BC/BE Pulmonologist with Sleep Medicine for Supervisory Section Chief at Har...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly