Associate Department Chair of Medicine
Catholic Health is seeking an Associate Department Chair of Medicine at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, to provide services under the direction of the Department Chair and site VP of Medical Affairs to ensure the department aligns with the organizational mission, vision and values. Any chief(s) or medical director(s) within the designated department reports to the Department Associate Chair and Chair for their clinical and administrative responsibilities.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Part Time Administrative Position - 0.5 FTE
- Optional Full Time - Additional 0.5 FTE Clinical
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Oversee daily practice operations and the status of departmental strategic objectives related to quality of care, medical group governance, quality assurance, risk management, and peer review.
- Represent Senior Management Team policy to the Department and communicate department needs to the Senior Management Team.
- Participate on organizational committees to communicate Department needs and strategies.
- Administer the Department in the absence of the Chair.
- Enforcement of the Hospital Bylaws, Medical Staff Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations within the department.
- Be available for after hour concerns from the ED and nursing supervisors in urgent situations.
- Continuously improve practice access and efficiency where applicable.
- Monitor clinical quality and review practice patterns for best practices.
- Manage physician/provider satisfaction/dissatisfaction.
- Develop and promote departmental changes and process improvement relative to organizational initiatives.
- Actively engage in and facilitate care management and documentation integrity programs.
- Participate in hospital management activities, such as but not limited to, clinical standardization, length of stay initiatives, resource utilization, operating room utilization, and bed utilization review and capital request process.
- Support the GME and educational programs at Catholic Health by participating in the education of residents and fellows and by collaborating with training programs to teach principles of quality assurance and improvement.
- Promote and actively participate in continuing medical education activities.
Budgetary & Administrative Role
- Monitor financial status, clinical quality, and overall operational performance within the department and/or at a specific site and develop policies and procedures for improvement in each domain.
- Performance reviews of junior faculty as assigned by the chair.
- Advise on short- and long-term objectives related to business development, marketing and communication, physician compensation, budget planning, financial stewardship, etc.
Recruitment & Retention Role
- Define recruiting needs of the department and participate with administration in the interview and selection process.
- Assist with the appointment of division chiefs and medical directors.
- Advise on appointments, reappointments, promotions, and terminations.
- Current ABMS Board Certification in their specialty or subspecialty of training.
- Minimum 5 years post residency.
- Extensive clinical, patient-care experience in their area of training and certification.
- Ability to utilize various data analytic programs to support and analyze clinical services including comparative performance, quality improvement, value-based care, reduction in variation and achieving clinical and service excellence.
- Skills and experience in various written, electronic, and other forms of communication to meet the needs of timely and regular communication with the entire Department membership.
- Familiarity and facility with analyzing patient experience metrics and processes to enhance patient satisfaction measures and outcomes.
- Familiarity with and skill in key clinical initiatives including mortality review and analysis, length of stay metrics, EHR optimization and analytic reporting capabilities, process and quality improvement programs, and comparative analysis of group and individual performances as part of efforts to reduce unwanted variation.
- Familiarity with regional and national standards of care relevant to the clinical activities and practices of the members of the Department.
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian border to the Pennsylvania State Line
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, women s and orthopedic care
- Has over 8000 employees
- Has over 1500 affiliated physicians
WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities and an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Incredible architecture
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with variety and easy accessibility.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
- Top rated professional sports teams.
Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:Teresa Van Remmen
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Apply for Associate Department Chair of Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly