The Joslin Diabetes Center, affiliated with Harvard Medical School and located in Boston, is the preeminent diabetes center in the world; a one-of-a-kind institution on the front lines of the diabetes epidemic. Joslin has revolutionized the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diabetes worldwide.
Joslin is seeking a Clinical Endocrinologist to join its group of physicians, participating in clinical care and teaching. Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine and BC/BE in Endocrinology. Exposure to the greatest minds in diabetes, collaborative team approach, unique clinical care model all with ideal work/life balance. Opportunity for academic appointment at HMS. Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
A Joslin Clinic Adult Diabetes Physician treats patients with diabetes of all types with special emphasis on current techniques for management of Type I and Type II diabetes. Also recognizes and treats, or refers for treatment, complications of diabetes. Manages general medical problems that may arise in his/her diabetic patients. Works in a collegial fashion with diabetes educators, including nurses and dietitians. Functions as a member of the medical staff of the hospital(s) where he/she practices. Interacts with the Clinic Administrator in a positive and constructive fashion.
Treats patients with diabetes.
- Evaluates and diagnoses types of diabetes.
- Chooses appropriate therapy.
- Actively refers patients for diabetes education, eye, and foot care, etc., per ADA Recommendations.
- Recognizes complications of diabetes.
- Chooses treatment to avoid and minimize complications.
- Provides ongoing management assistance.
Treats general medical problems.
- Evaluates general health status.
- Diagnoses diseases besides diabetes.
- Provides general medical therapy.
- Refers patients when additional expertise is needed.
Works in a collegial fashion with other diabetes health professionals.
- Provides management plan for diabetes treatment.
- Uses consultative advice as to meal plan.
- Uses consultative advice from nurse educator.
- Effects management plan in a cooperative manner and shares responsibility with allied health professionals.
Interacts with the medical staff.
- Fulfills obligations specified by hospital and Center Bylaws.
- Functions on committees as needed.
- Attends and participates in conferences.
- Deals in a collegial fashion with other Center and hospital community physicians.
Interacts with the House staff.
- Satisfies departmental teaching obligations.
- Participates in conference with House staff.
- Discusses patients and cases of interest with the House staff.
- Communicates about inpatient management.
Interacts with the Administrative Staff.
- Deals effectively with the Medical Director.
- Works constructively with the Center Administrator and other Administrative Personnel.
- Works with the Affiliated Center Program Managers to insure quality of affiliated operation.
Participates in referral development activities.
- Presents lectures and promotes the program to physicians, hospital staff and potential referral sources.
- Participates in Joslin community activities (e.g. lectures, health fairs, radio programs).
- M.D. degree from an accredited school
- Residency in internal medicine
- Fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism
- Certification and licensure in Massachusetts
- Board certified in internal medicine
- Board certified in endocrinology/metabolism (or eligible for Board certification with certification expected,) or, if hired before board certification subspecialty availability has five years’ experience in the treatment of diabetes and its complications
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply for Endocrinologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly