Chief of Staff – Physician
The Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (FHCC) seeks a Chief Medical Executive/Chief of Staff. Reporting to the Deputy Director/Commanding Officer, this individual will maintain all operations and direct reports including the department of Medicine, Surgery, Mental Health, Clinical Support and Primary Care. Will be supported by the Assistant Chief Medical Executives for Research & Development, Ambulatory Care, Clinical Affairs, Chief Medical Information Officer and Academic Affiliations and administrative staff. Serve as a point of contact for physicians and clinical staff, including training, documentation, workflow process and other functionality regarding necessary clinical systems. Optimize the usage of clinical systems through education and training, quality and outcomes, supporting organizational goals, and ensuring that the highest standards of quality and services. Serves as a liaison between customers, Information Technology staff and other departments. Meets overall needs of the facility by working on projects, committees, and teams.
The Lovell FHCC maintains strong academic affiliations with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and incumbent is eligible for an academic appointment commensurate with experience.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm with 24/7 availability, holidays and weekends if needed.
- U.S. Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Degree of doctor of medicine or osteopathic medicine from an accredited school of medicine
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia
- Completion of residency training or its equivalent
- Five years in a medical specialty
- Health care administrator experience
- Experience managing and leading clinical staff and delivering high quality patient care while managing essential administrative functions
- Experience in leadership, supervision and managing multidisciplinary groups
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be authorized.
May offer Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services, find more information at: http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
Find details on the comprehensive Federal benefits package at: www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance
Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
Questions may be directed to: Cathy.Spillner@va.gov
Send CV and cover letter to Amber Bennett, Amber.Bennett@va.gov
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Critical Care Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in North Chicago
- Emergency Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in North Chicago
- Hospital Medicine (MD) Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in North Chicago
- Internal Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in North Chicago
- Surgery Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in North Chicago