EM - Physician - Summa Health System - Akron Campus
You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- ED Volume: 69,000
- Level I Trauma Center
- 76 Patient Beds
- The ED also offers specialized emergency services for geriatric patients
- AHA-Accredited Heart Attack Receiving Center with above national average STEMI System response rates
- ACGME accredited 3-year EM residency program, 8 residents per class
- EMR: EPIC
- MAT program - Physician in Triage
- The 635-bed hospital is the largest hospital in the region and 1,200 members of medical staff
- Level 1 Trauma Center, a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Certified Stroke Center. Awarded nursing's highest honor - Magnetrecognition - by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States are recognized as Magnet
- Comprehensive Stroke Care Center and Thrombectomy Capable Center
- Psychiatric Hospital
Akron is ideally located, with quick access to major cities like Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh. More than 20 distinct neighborhoods are available to residents, and the city boasts a vital arts and culture scene with sites such as the Akron Art Museum, Akron Civic Theatre; additional attractions include Cuyahoga Valley National Park, local festivals and the Akron Zoo and annual event, the All-American Soap Box Derby.
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Summa Health System - Akron Campus
525 E. Market Street
Akron, OH 44304
Apply for EM - Physician - Summa Health System - Akron Campus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly