South Texas Site Medical Director - Emergency Medicine - Developing Leaders
Envision Physician Services is seeking an Emergency Medicine Site Medical Director at Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, Texas.
- Leadership skills developed if no prior director experience
- Ample protected clinical and leadership time
- Open, collegial, and supportive relationship with executive hospital leadership
- Duties include co-management with specialties, clinical support for physicians on shift, shadowing and coaching, onboarding and mentoring new physicians, recruiting, and strategic planning.
- Must be Board Certified Emergency Medicine (ABEM/AOBEM)
- Active TX license preferred or in-process
- W2 Employee status with medical, dental, vision insurance and 401k options
- Monthly director stipend
- Level III Trauma Center
- Pediatric ER Care
- On-site lab and radiology
- On-site helipad for air transport of critically-ill patients
- Dedicated 24-hour cath lab team for heart attacks and other cardiac emergencies
- Children’s Medical Center with 24-hour coverage by Pediatric Intensivists (pediatric intensive care physicians) and Neonatologists
The City of McAllen has been a growing force in the Rio Grande Valley thanks to its flourishing arts culture, strong business climate that intensely supports entrepreneurship and education options that have contributed to the city’s strong reputation. The city has become one of the most desirable locations in South Texas to live and grow. Its convenient location nestled within the heart of Rio Grande Valley, low cost of living and culture supporting expression have all proven why this city is one that you will not forget. McAllen is only 70 miles away from gorgeous South Padre Island, making this a great weekend beach getaway.
McAllen is home to one of the strongest and most dedicated workforces in the country. This is thanks to the city’s convenient location near some of the best education establishments in the state. This includes the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley (Family Medicine Residency Program), South Texas College, Texas State Technical College, Texas Southmost College and Texas A&M Health Science Center. The city also boasts an exceptional array of charter schools that include Idea Quest Academy, Lamar Academy, South Texas I.S.D. and various others.BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.COMPANY INFORMATION
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for South Texas Site Medical Director - Emergency Medicine - Developing Leaders
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly