Geriatrician (Indianapolis Suburban Region)
IU Health Physicians is seeking a compassionate, patient-focused Geriatrician to support various Geriatric models of care, including inpatient Geriatric consultation/Mobile Acute Care for Elderly, outpatient Geriatric consultations and primary care, and attending at nursing homes at several IU Health locations around Indianapolis. This position allows a candidate to be a part of the largest and most comprehensive health system in Indiana and in a specialty that is ranked among the nation's top bests by US News and World Report. Our division has programs that capture patients in the whole continuum of Geriatric care including inpatient, outpatient, primary care, home visit consultative practices, primary care home visits and nursing home practice.
Ranked as one of the top Geriatric programs in the nation by U.S.News & World Report, our IU Health Geriatrics team understands the intricacies associated with the care of older adults whose medical problems are often complex and interrelated.
- Full-time employment opportunity
- Schedule: M-F 8AM-5PM
- On-Call: Weeknights (~1:16) from 5pm-7am and Weekends (~1:13) with APP taking primary call for 7am Saturday-5pm Sunday. MD is responsible for 5pm Friday to 7am on Saturday and 5pm on Sunday to 7am on Monday with the potential for fellow being primary on call
- Outpatient work in nursing home and outpatient clinic
- Team: Collaborative, team-based practice with many disciplines including advanced providers, nursing, social services and other services provided by facilities
- Interested in current fellows and practicing physicians
- 70% inpatient / 30% outpatient
- Position potentially offers opportunity of having a 2 year guarantee period, and first two years have potentially dedicated start-up academic effort, if desired
- Comprehensive benefits package including retirement matching and relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Community Description
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for Geriatrician (Indianapolis Suburban Region)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly