University of Massachusetts Amherst
Provides clinical services for students and others eligible for health care; provides episodic health care in conjunction with a program of comprehensive primary care; provides programs of health education. Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of UHS for Medical Care in accordance with the regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine.
Functions independently within the broad scope of departmental and institutional policies and goals; refers exceptions to the Executive Director of UHS for Medical Care.
- Provide clinical services to outpatients during regular clinic day and evening hours. Responsible for timely entry in medical records and appropriate referral to other providers. Performs procedures appropriate to training. Orders medications including controlled substances.
- Maintains a program of continuing medical education as required by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine and includes bi-annual CPR review.
- Participates in scheduled staff meetings, committees, and quality improvement activities.
- May coordinate a major program activity as assigned by the Executive Director of UHS for Medical Care, such as walk-in clinic or occupational health.
- Understands and contributes to implementation of department and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a multi-cultural environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- M.D. or D.O. degree and licensure for the practice of medicine in Massachusetts or licensed in another state with Massachusetts licensure at time of appointment.
- Three years of residency training and Board eligibility or certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Qualified for a local hospital staffing privilege, either as a courtesy or active staff member.
- Registration as a controlled substance practitioner in Massachusetts and with the FDA at time of appointment.
- Insurable by the Massachusetts Medical Professional Insurance Association or equivalent insurer.
40 hours per week, rotation of some weekend and evening hours. Regular weekday hours during the academic year (open until 8 pm), and share call and weekend clinic hours in rotation with ten other physicians. No hospital responsibilities.
Commensurate with skills and experience, plus excellent benefit package.
Special Instructions to Applicants
We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team to meet the needs of our diverse campus community which we serve. Multilingual, multicultural and multiracial applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please complete an online application, submit a cover letter, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references. To ensure priority consideration, review of applications will begin on June 21, 2021. The position may remain open until filled.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide 3 letters of recommendation.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/508557/staff-physician
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.