Palliative Care Physician
Requirements: Board eligibility or certification and the completion of an appropriate residency and fellowship program (Palliative medicine)program. Completion of Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is required.
We are seeking an outstanding Palliative Care Physician to join our team of doctors that are members of the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group.
- As a Palliative Care (physician) at VHC, you will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 100+ members including hospitalists and a wide range of specialists.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- Our highly competitive compensation package includes an excellent base salary plus comprehensive bonus incentives.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible working hours and offer a generous benefit package including malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, generous CME, as well as other benefits.
- Work schedule is primarily Monday through Friday.
- Possible Weekend call coverage on a rotating basis
- Administration understands that keeping the patient load reasonable for its physicians is essential to realizing the full benefits of our team based approach to care.
- Our outstanding medical staff includes the full gamut of subspecialty consultants. Hospitalists and OB Hospitalists are employed physicians and work closely with the primary care teams to provide inpatient care for our patients.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- HC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified candidates must complete the online application and psychometric assessment. In addition to completing the application and assessment candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell, Director Physician Services Recruitment at email@example.com.
Apply for Palliative Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly