Division Chief for Pediatric Gastroenterology
The Department of Pediatrics (DOP) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking an innovative and scholarly leader to serve as full-time Division Chief for Gastroenterology.
MCW is one of the nation’s premier freestanding and private academic health sciences institutions; and is widely recognized for advancing academics, training, education, and research. Our Division is home to a large multidisciplinary faculty, with a wide breadth and depth of clinical and research expertise.
- Our team practices at Children's Wisconsin, a nationally ranked, free-standing 306-bed children's hospital. Our Pediatric GI service ranks 16th in the US by US News.
- The Division offers both national and internationally recognized programs in Neuro-gastroenterology, Feeding, Microbiome, Liver transplantation, Celiac disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, amongst others and has well established roots in research and clinical excellence.
- Faculty at MCW enjoy competitive benefits including a matching 403(b), paid parental leave, and a dependent tuition reimbursement
- Located in Milwaukee, WI, a charming, medium-sized Midwest City nestled along the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan, the Medical College of Wisconsin is a major national research center ranking in the top third of U.S. medical schools in National Institute of Health (NIH) funding. Great people and fantastic culture!
The Division Chief will be responsible for developing and guiding the clinical, educational, community and research missions of this comprehensive academic pediatric gastroenterology program. This is a faculty position offering an academic appointment at the Medical College of Wisconsin, commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Workcollaboratively in a matrixed, diverse, complex environment;
- Successfully recruit and retain diverse, talented faculty, and foster their career development;
- Steer the division through programmatic excellence in alignment with the missions of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Wisconsin;
- Nurture a culture of inclusion, accountability and professionalism across the enterprise while responsibly administering the division’s finances.
MCW is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We particularly encourage those who are under-represented in medicine to apply. Minimal qualifications for this candidate include a MD, MD-PhD, DO, or foreign medical equivalent, successful completion of an approved pediatric residency training program, board certification in pediatric gastroenterology, eligibility for an unrestricted Wisconsin medical license, and five years of experience in academic pediatrics.
To learn more or to apply, please contact:
Gabrielle Pollard, CMSR, FAAPPR
Sr. Physician Recruiter
Applications should include a letter of interest, CV or resume, and a separate list of references. Please address your letter of interest to:
Dr. Donald Basel, Search Committee Co-Chair
Dr. Nita Salzman, Search Committee Co-Chair
The Medical College of Wisconsin is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Division Chief for Pediatric Gastroenterology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly