Physician Occupational Health (Part Time)
Cape Fox Shared Services and Eagle Health are accepting resumes for an Occupational Health Physician (MD or DO) to work Part Time at the Nuclear Regulatory Commision (NRC) with a comprehensive, ready to operate, health and Wellness services for approximately 2.900 employees.Commitment per week and/or Month can be flexible.
Physician is required 1 day a week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide medical care, treatment, and counseling to NRC employees related to occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Provide telemedicine support for agency COVID-19 response requirements.
- Provide health and wellness services onsite or remotely as needed.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing emergency preparedness plans, including Pandemic Planning.
- Maintain confidentiality and completing health records of the services provided.
- Evaluate occupational exposures in areas such as noise and inhalation, contact, and ingestion of toxic materials and consulting with the NRC Occupational Safety and Health staff and Eagle Health staff on any such conditions.
- Provide coordination with and referrals to the EAP, as required.
- Evaluate employees seeking medical attention, including obtaining and evaluating medical history.
- Provide clear and definitive medical or psychiatric judgments pertaining to medical problems or work restrictions relating to the specific job of each employee.
- Order and review laboratory processing results and provide results to the employee.
- Appraise and report work environment health hazards brought to the physician's attention through any illness or injury presented that may have resulted from a hazardous or unhealthy condition in the building.
- Serve in a consultative role to help develop action plans to deal with newly identified work environment hazards
- Review treatments and medications prescribed by an employee s personal physician.
- Clarify or interpret medical terminology and concepts appearing in documentation prepared by an employee s private physician regarding the employee s physical or mental fitness conditions that may impact the employee's performance or conduct.
- Clarifying or interpreting issues of medical fitness with respect to reasonable accommodation of an allegedly handicapping condition.
- Provide health counseling to individual employees, which includes, but not limited to, physical examinations, referrals from other health care providers such as personal physicians, and observations from supervisors or management personnel.
- Serve as an expert witness for the NRC in legal proceedings, providing testimony and deposition.
Education and/or Experience
Degree: Shall be a graduate of an accredited American medical school
License: Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland
Certification: By the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Family Practice, the American Board of Occupational Medicine, or the American Board of Emergency Medicine
Other: Current and biannual certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
Experience: Shall have at least five (5) years experience in identifying and referring for treatment a broad range of addiction, dependency and behavioral disorders; and a detailed knowledge of Washington Metropolitan Area community treatment resources for patient referrals. At least five (5) years of experience of post-graduate clinical experience as a physician in an occupational health setting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work under deadline pressure, handle stress and deliver professional results
- Long hours and weekends may be required to meet deliverables
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with minimal oversight
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Some travel may be required
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Sit or stand throughout a regular workday
- Able to work on computer for long periods
All employees must adhere to the Cape Fox Corporation Ethics and Compliance policy and promote a culture that is conducive to Ethical conduct and compliance. Any suspicious activity or behavior must be reported to a manager, Ethics Officer of Cape Fox Corporation or Ethics Hotline: https://capefoxcorp.alertline.com
Apply for Physician Occupational Health (Part Time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly