Neurosurgeon Needed in Thriving Southeast Metro
Exceptional opportunity to become part of the Huntsville Hospital Spine and Neurosurgery practice established in 1964, joining six other neurosurgeons.
Huntsville Hospital Spine and Neuro is the only Neurosurgery practice of its size in our area. All physicians are currently on a four day work week. There are two clinical days and two OR days designated, with Friday serving as an optional day for the physician to take off. The practice employs physician assistants and nurse practitioners to serve as physician extenders for the group.
The case mix for the practice is 75% spine and 25% cranial with a full complement of both spine and cranial cases provided by the surgeons. Each surgeon, when working a clinic day, will have their own pod which includes six exam rooms. The clinic space accommodates two physiatrists. The physical therapy clinic is approximately 4,000 sq. ft. The outpatient surgery center is housed on the second floor of the building, directly above the neurosurgeon's clinic. MRI unit is conveniently located on the same floor as the practice.
The call schedule for the group will be 1:7. The trauma call for this group averages seven to ten calls per shift. There are currently five trauma surgeons and a hospitalist group.
The incoming candidate will have no problem coming in and establishing a practice. Currently the wait time for new patients is between two and three weeks; however, patients with brain tumors, compression fractures, or acute disc herniation's are provided an appointment on the next clinic day following the referral. More than 600 physicians make up the referral base for this established practice.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- CME and Relocation
- 401k matching program
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgestreet Town center are just some of the main attractions!
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. By Business Week.
- Huntsville Ranked 7th Best City to Live Nationwide by U.S. News
Apply for Neurosurgeon Needed in Thriving Southeast Metro
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly