Chief of Rheumatology
The Department of Medicine at National Jewish Health is seeking applicants for the Chief of Rheumatology. The Division currently has 5 Rheumatologists on faculty, and a dedicated Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner.
The division currently sees the spectrum of rheumatic disease but also has unique expertise in the overlap of rheumatology and the lung. The faculty work closely with world-class pulmonologists to evaluate and manage connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary disorders including interstitial lung disease, vasculitis, and non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.
The Department is looking for a leader with the vision and drive to grow the Division by leading its clinical services, creating and collaborating on research opportunities across multiple Divisions within the Department, and actively developing new growth opportunities with our local and national partners.
Reasons to Lead the Division of Rheumatology at National Jewish Health:
- The Division sees the spectrum of rheumatic disease but also interacts closely with Pulmonary, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, and Neurology in its patient care and research missions.
- National Jewish Health is home to outstanding Departments of Radiology as well as Immunology and Genomic Medicine which include world class Immunologists and Computational Biologists whose basic and translational science research programs contribute to the Division's success.
- The Division has in-house infusion centers, physical therapy, musculoskeletal ultrasound and a bone health clinic.
- The Division has unfettered access to the Institution’s full service Clinical Research Enterprise that supports NIH-sponsored, industry-sponsored, and investigator-initiated investigation, as well as an Institutional Biospecimen Bank and Research Informatic Services.
- Proven leadership, strong mentoring and administrative abilities.
- The successful candidate will be recognized as an outstanding clinician.
- A desire and commitment to lead a Division into national prominence through organic growth, interdisciplinary programs and research.
- BC in Internal Medicine
- BC in Rheumatology
- Eligible to hold a Colorado license
National Jewish Health is the leading hospital for respiratory diseases in the U.S., nationally known for its clinical and research expertise in immunology and pulmonary medicine. Located in the city of Denver, Colorado, with a population of over 2,500,000 in the greater metroplex area, the region is vibrant and culturally diverse, home to the state capital, great sports teams, and easy access to outdoor and mountain sports year-round.
Interested candidates should submit their application to:
Monica Kiger, Physician Recruiter
Pay rate for this position varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. If you do not see the pay listed on this posting, it is because you are on a second party job board. Please visit the Careers page on National Jewish Health’s website www.njhealth.org to see the pay range for this role.
National Jewish Health is a non-profit, non-sectarian institution and is a longstanding cornerstone in the Denver healthcare community. National Jewish Health seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the Institution and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. We are a tobacco and fragrance free environment.
Apply for Chief of Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly