Anesthesiologist - Med Director Perioperative - Irvine
Department of Anesthesiology | City of Hope National Medical Center in Irvine, CA
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks a Medical Director to Support the Irvine Team
The Department of Anesthesiology at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking an experienced physician-leader to serve as the Perioperative Medical Director. The medical director reports to the Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology, Michael J. “Jamie” Sullivan, M.D., and to the Physician-in-Chief of City of Hope Orange County, Edward S. Kim, M.D. Together, you will play a vital role in the development of our new cancer center located in Irvine, California. The Irvine campus will include a $1 billion state-of-the-art comprehensive cancer campus.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 370+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
Join our nationally-recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncology specialists as we seek to hire a full-time clinical leader:
- Provide leadership, support quality and safety, lead and maintain clinical excellence and innovation, and develop clinical and administrative activities for our new Irvine campus
- Responsibilities to include participation in the multidisciplinary clinical care of patients, the recruitment of medical and non-medical staff, and program development
- Relocation assistance available
- Potential for incentive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement plan
- 5-10 years of excellent clinical skills and experience in anesthesiology with evidence of ability and desire to ensure and improve the efficiency and overall care quality of the facility
- Experience working in an academic medical center or specialty cancer center
- Academic record consistent with appointment as late Assistant or early to mid-career Associate Professor
- Applicants must have an M.D./D.O. and Board certified/eligible
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope has been ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 30 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County market. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo: "There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."?
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Anesthesiologist - Med Director Perioperative - Irvine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly