Hospitalist-Nocturnist-Jackson, MS, VA Medical Center
Jackson, MS, VA Medical Center
Provider must have completed an IM training program with experience as a hospitalist and experience working in an academic setting.
Recent Experience with Intubation/Airway Management is required.
~ Admits over-cap admissions from emergency room to the general medical floor and the Medical ICU when training inpatient teams are capped.
~ Community Living Center (CLC) and Hospice Care Unit coverage; review of CLC sick book.
~ Must be comfortable managing a wide variety of medical, neurological, surgical and psychiatric conditions
~ Discharges patients
~ Arranges transfers to outside facilities for higher level of care to include finding the facility and accepting physician
~ Admit patients to the CLC/Hospice unit after hours and on weekends as needed.
~ Respond to pages from Psychiatry and surgical specialties to assess patients for possible admission or other general medical issues.
~Staffs after hours general medicine consults to other specialties in house.
~ Post fall risk assessment for patients on Mental Health Unit, as needed.
~ Receive reports of abnormal lab results after-hours; assures results are communicated timely to appropriate team/intern on-call.
~ Responsible for responding to Rapid Response Calls and all Code Blue emergencies to include assisting with Intubation, and doing/ assisting with emergency procedures and stabilizing patient prior to transfer to higher level
~ Must be proficient in all of the following intubation/managing airways, thoracentesis, paracentesis, arterial puncture, arthrocentesis and joint injections, foley catheter placement, emergent external cardiac pacing, placing central lines via ultrasound guidance, emergent cardioversion, incision and drainage of abscesses, lumbar puncture, gyn examinations/PAP smears and endocervical culture, placement of nasogastric tubes, placement of peripheral IV access, punch biopsy/skin biopsy, soft tissue injections
~ Participate in/complete Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations and Peer Reviews
Teaching attending after hours, on weekends and holidays.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Recent Experience with Intubation/Airway Management
Previous experience working in an academic setting with students, residents and fellows.
2+ years Hospitalist experience.
Interested in scholarly activities, including scientific research.
Work Schedule: 7 pm to 7 am, seven days on/seven days off.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
US AIR FORCE, VETERAN
National Recruitment Consultant
National Recruitment Service (10A2A7)
Veterans Health Administration
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Office/Mobile Phone: 615-854-1540
Apply for Hospitalist-Nocturnist-Jackson, MS, VA Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly