Geriatric/Palliative Medicine Opportunity
Consider joining the Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care service line at Care New England (CNE) – a fully integrated health system serving Providence, Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts – and affiliation with the Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University.
About the Opportunity
- The individual will work as part of an interdisciplinary geriatric team that includes three nurse practitioners, two other geriatricians, two social workers, and palliative care physician and physician assistant.
- The main clinical opportunity will be to oversee geriatrics care on an Acute Care for Elders unit, and to work collaboratively with the hospitalists who are the attending of record. Other opportunities such as home visits, ambulatory geriatric assessment, ambulatory primary care in a geriatric primary care practice are also available as per applicant interest and after discussion with the Executive Chief.
- The geriatrician will have the opportunity to collaborate with geriatric medicine faculty and providers across the CNE health system and in other Warren Alpert Medical School affiliated hospitals and departments (with opportunity for faculty appointment at the appropriate level based on experience).
- The individual will report to the CNE Executive Chief of Geriatrics and Palliative Care and will be credentialed to work at all CNE hospitals and the Integra ACO. This role will be integral to education and clinical programs across the CNE health system and will have opportunities to participate in all aspects of work depending on candidate interests.
- Involvement in the general teaching responsibilities of the relevant departments across CNE will be an expectation of this position.
- The geriatrics team will lead interdisciplinary team rounds on the unit and focus on implementing geriatric assessment recommendations and using the Age-Friendly 4 M’s model of care. Teaching and clinical work will focus on the ACE unit. Geriatricians also cover hospital wide consultations for common geriatric syndromes to help the primary team manage inpatients.
- The position does not require on-call, and the team is not currently expected to cover weekends. Opportunities for on-call, with additional compensation, are available through the geriatrics and palliative team’s relationship with the Integra ACO.
Apply for Geriatric/Palliative Medicine Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly