Division Chair - Allergic Diseases
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available
Mayo Clinic is searching for an innovative leader to help create a world class Division of Allergy and Immunology at its Destination Medical Center (DMC) in Rochester, Minnesota. Mayo Clinic Rochester is our largest practice site with a historical educational environment with Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine on site, as well as active residency and fellowship programs. As part of the Mayo Clinic Healthcare System with a single medical record system and close ties with the other two Mayo sites, this provides streamlined patient care and excellent opportunities for academic activity. The Division Chair of Allergic Diseases will be expected to utilize Mayo resources to advance patient care, lead the Division’s research efforts and help guide in educating and developing future Allergy/Immunology physicians. She/he will be responsible for achieving exceptional patient outcomes, as well as actively recruiting and retaining top talent to advance Mayo’s mission.
* Prioritize business strategies to position the division for the future
* Drive innovation across Practice, Education, and Research
* Foster collaboration across the organization to provide the best patient outcomes
* Effective management that will align to Mayo Clinic’s 2030 strategy of identifying new cures for patients, connections through a digital strategy and transformational business models
* Recruit top tier staff to sustain Mayo Clinic’s vision of being the most trusted partner in healthcare
* Partner with the Center of Individualized Medicine in order to develop cutting-edge treatments for our patients
* Partner with the Kern Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery in order to use data-driven science to improve the quality, safety and value of health care and create better patient experiences.
Ideal Candidate Profile
* Board certified in Allergy and Immunology
* Academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor
* Evidence of continued academic and scholarly activity in laboratory (ie, immunology, airway disease, etc) or clinical research
* Proven successful leader
* Strong understanding of the clinical practice
* Drive on-going practice innovation
* Adept at mentoring junior staff
* Ability to build relationships and networks globally
* Recognized as an expert in their field
* This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others, recruit and retain talent and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
* Individual will be based in Rochester
Inquiries can be sent to the attention of Shaji Kumar, M.D., search committee chair to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include CV and letter of interest. Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Apply for Division Chair - Allergic Diseases
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly