Pediatric EM - Director - Saint Francis Hospital
As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the PED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the PEM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the PED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
Pediatric Emergency Department
- Peds ED Volume: 23,000
- The separate Pediatric Emergency Center area is staffed by pediatric emergency medicine and pediatric physicians with an admission rate of approximately 19%
- Saint Francis hosts the only Children’s Hospital in the region
- Pediatric Emergency Center (PEC) has 23 treatment rooms that include 2 resuscitation rooms, 16 general medical monitored rooms and 5 fast track monitored bays. There are two triage stations and a separate lobby for pediatric patients and families
- 1,112-bed regional tertiary care center serving northeast Oklahoma, southwest Missouri, northwest Arkansas and southeast Kansas
- Approximately 800 physicians on staff with a wide range of advanced medical specialties.
- The new Trauma Emergency Center and Tower opened in the summer of 2014
- Children’s Hospital opened in 2008 and provides 24 hour PICU Intensivist care, 24 hour NICU neonatologist care, a pediatric hospitalist service and many pediatric subspecialists
Tulsa prides itself on its growing economy, beautiful recreational and scenic destinations, and cultural attractions. Downtown Tulsa is a flourishing metropolitan area that still retains the friendliness and close-knit attitude of a much smaller city. Along with excellent school systems, strong universities and cultural hot-spots, Tulsa residents enjoy the option of many desirable suburban communities and a reasonable cost of living.
- ED Volume: 57,000
- Brand New state-of-the-art Trauma II Emergency Center
- 68,000 square feet department includes 4 trauma bays, 12 critical care rooms, 32 general medical monitored examination rooms (4 of these are designated for psychiatric patients), 4 triage stations, 7 fast track bays, and 1 decontamination room
- Trauma Emergency Center (TEC) admission rate is approximately 33% annually
- Emergency medicine, pediatric and family practice residents rotate along with occasional PA students in the Pediatric Emergency Center. The Trauma Emergency Center hosts a variety of medic, PA, and medical students throughout the year. Teaching opportunities are available for interested physicians
- 2 CT suites, 2 radiology rooms and 1 revascularization lab in the TEC
- 2 helipads on the roof of the trauma tower
- Convertible area for mass casualty response within ambulance bay
- Hospitalist service, trauma/general surgery, and OB/GYN all provide excellent support to our staff 24 hours a day
- Electronic tracking board and EPIC EMR
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Saint Francis Hospital
6161 South Yale Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74136
Apply for Pediatric EM - Director - Saint Francis Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly