Clinical Faculty: Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery at the University of Arizona Cancer Center
The Department of Surgery at Banner University Medical Center Tucson is actively seeking a Colorectal Surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to provide a full range of colorectal surgical services at its Tucson Campus locations.
The Colorectal Surgery Section, which is in the Division of Surgical Oncology, is a NAPRC-Accredited Rectal Cancer Center and Arizona’s only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. The division takes pride in offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for the richly diverse patient population of Southern Arizona. Our staff of Surgeons strives to provide the best in compassionate patient care, resident and medical student education, and training, together with extensive community and academic endeavors.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly acclaimed medical center and academic program that has grown significantly in the last few years. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- Weekly Tumor Board participation
- Monthly Patient Average: 65 Visits, 15 OR
- Clinical responsibilities: OP clinic, IP rounding, OR cases, Shared Call Coverage
- Academic research time provided DOE
- Teaching and mentoring of students, residents, and fellows
- 1.0 FTE
- Valid AZ Medical License (or eligible to receive)
- Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Board Certified or Eligible by the American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Desire to work in an academic setting
- Position open to experienced physicians as well as physicians just completing colorectal surgery fellowship
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- University town growing with exciting urban culture and entertainment
- Sunny climate year-round
- Attractive cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with a lively downtown nightlife scene
We offer a rewarding academic career with an attractive salary and benefits package, relocation assistance, sign-on incentives, and paid malpractice.
We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your cover letter and CV to Dr. Valentine Nfonsam (c/o Linda Montano) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.