Medical Director- Sea View
Sea View Hospital and Rehabilitation Center and Home is a 304-bed long term care facility located in Staten Island's lush Greenbelt. Serving the metropolitan area, it is easily accessible from all points by car and bus. Like many HHC facilities, Sea View has a long history. It opened its doors in 1913 as a sanitarium treating individuals suffering from the most feared disease of the time, tuberculosis. Today, the hospital is well-known for its long-term care brain injury unit, the first in New York State. Patients undergo intensive rehabilitation with the goals of restoring motor and cognitive functions and maximizing quality of life.
Under direction of the Chief Executive Officer or Senior Vice President, The Medical Director of this long term care skilled nursing facility is responsible for planning, review, supervision and control of the medical and health services of the facility. The Medical Director formulates policies, methods and procedures, and prescribes standards for treatment, diagnosis, control and prevention of illness, as well as, supervising methods of delivery and evaluating patient care.
- Valid license issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) to practice Medicine; and,
- Current Board Certification in Medical specialty; and,
- Five (5) years of clinical leadership experience and minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field of specialty in a responsible medical and clinical administrative capacity.
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine and completion of an approved residency in a specialty and Board Certified and licensed to practice in New York State;
Department PreferencesLTC Medical Leadership Experience, Geriatric Board Certified, AMDA Certified Medical Director, Palliative Care Certification, Post-Acute EMR
- Organizes and coordinates physician services and the services provided by other professionals as they relate to patient care and will oversee the quality of radiology, pharmacy, and lab services. Oversees the surveillance and promotion of employee health, safety, and welfare.
- Participates in administrative decision making and recommends and approves relevant policies and procedures and will be responsible for communicating issues and concerns to system clinical leadership when warranted.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and guidelines designed to assure the provision of adequate, comprehensive services and will also monitor, evaluate, and improve performance of medical services through performance improvement program.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the knowledge of regulatory compliance based on, however not limited to the New York State Department of Health, Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services that relate to patient care and related services.
- Works with medical staff and administration to ensure high value and high quality of care is delivered to patients with a focus on improving the patient experience, improving the health of the population, and maintaining fiscal responsibility and will be a part of the multi-departmental approach in improving the case mix index.
- Collaborate with system physician leadership on new programs and their integration into the post-acute care service line.
- Actively participates in the clinical marketing of Nursing Facility services within NYC Health and Hospitals.
- Provides direct oversight of utilization management activities including Medicaid, Medicare and managed care appeals, medical necessity under various admission and continued stay criteria.
- Coordinates physician services and medical care in the facility
- Coordinates the review process prior to granting or renewing professional privileges or association, of any physician, dentist or podiatrist
- Collaborates with the health care team including the pharmacist, dentist and other clinical consultants.
- Implements resident medical care policies
- Oversees and provides care for Long term Care Units
Apply for Medical Director- Sea View
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly