Physician- Palliative Care- St. Charles, MO
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
With more than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
SSM Medical Group is a member of SSM Health Care St. Louis and includes almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25?Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens stores. Our clinics are located in north, south and mid St. Louis County; in St. Charles County; in Warrenton and Troy, Missouri; and in Belleville and Maryville, Illinois.
At SSM, we take pride in the physician leadership of our Medical Group. Our physicians have a voice in their own practice operations, as well as?the overall direction of the organization.? Our SSM physician leadership allows physicians to manage the care of their own patients and provide appropriate treatment to meet each patient s unique needs.
All SSM Health Medical Group primary care practices are nationally recognized as NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes and provide exceptional care through evidence-based protocols, while coordinating and managing patient care across the continuum.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles Over the past 125 years, St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles has improved structurally and technologically to meet the needs of our continuously growing population. Today, St. Joseph offers specialized care for critically ill patients. St. Joseph Hospital provides acute care services, a Heart & Vascular center, Sleep Services, Cancer Care, an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center. With 333 licensed beds, St. Joseph Hospital in historic St. Charles provides the only Level II Trauma Center that serves three of the fastest growing counties in the Midwest - St. Charles, Warren, Lincoln and Montgomery County Missouri.?
Historic Downtown St. Charles, Missouri was established next to the Missouri river in 1769. It is a popular tourist destination, hosting family friendly festivals that draw thousands of visitors each year. With brick-paved streets, unique stores and top-rated restaurants, Historic St. Charles offers something for everyone. A fabulous riverside casino and the trailhead of the Katy Trail are just a couple of the attractions that make St. Charles a wonderful place to live, work and visit.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
84110002 Medical Staff Office
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Apply for Physician- Palliative Care- St. Charles, MO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly