Medical Director of Palliative Care
About the Health System:
Due to a growth in the area we are seeking to add a Medical Director for their West Georgia Hospice Clinic in the community of LaGrange, GA, LaGrange is about 45min from Atlanta and 45min from Auburn, AL. The Hospice Care Center has 16 private suites which typically has a census of 8-12 patients at a time. The patient makeup is 100% adult mostly mature to geriatric patients. The provider will consult on 30-40 patients per month in the clinic and cancer center (referral from Medical Oncologist). They do not provide any home health service (provide by Home Health Hospice Nurses).
- Split time between Inpatient Hospice Facility & Outpatient Cancer Center
- This is a traditional practice schedule of M-F (8AM-5PM)
- Shared Call Schedule weekend & evening call is shared within the system - rotation of 1:14 (always 2 Physician on call) The majority of the call with be generated by the inpatient nurse care, NP team takes first call and then escalated to Physician when necessary.
- Salary of $230,000.00
- Sign on Bonus of $20,000.00
- Practice Support Staff - Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Administrative Staff
- RVU Production Bonus at $72.72 per RVU above 1,547 threshold (typically achieved at 8 patients per day)
- Benefits - 3 weeks of vacation, 6 Holidays, 5 CME ($5000.00), Malpractice Insurance
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Palliative Care with some demonstrated leadership experience (or strong clinician who is able to manage without too much supervision)
- MD or DO
- H1 accepted
- Must be Fellowship Trained (Palliative Care) Physician
About the Area: LaGrange is a growing progressive city just south of the busiest airport in the world, Atlanta s Hartsfield International. Site Selection magazine ranked LaGrange the #1 Micropolitan area in Georgia and tied for 16th in the country. It s a place where business gets done. From family-friendly resorts to lakeside campgrounds, Georgia has fun for all ages. Kids will love our theme parks, amusement centers, animal parks and zoos, aquariums and mini golf. Adults will enjoy our cruises, music, theaters, tours, bars, clubs and nightlife. From the coast to the mountains and everything in between, Georgia s nine regions offer well-known and off-the-beaten-path gems in cities both big and small.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please reach out to or Physician Recruiter, Kristin Sewell, and let Assurgent Medical Staffing help find the right fit for your next career! She can be reached at 470-427-0627 (Call or Text) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Medical Director of Palliative Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly