EM - Physician - Valley Baptist Medical Center
You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- Level II Trauma Center
- Provides emergency cardiac catherization and stroke neuro-endovascular care
- Comprehensive stroke center
- Cardiac Center of Excellence
- Extensive specialty coverage including pediatrics
- ED Volume: 43,000
- ED Beds: 36
- Patients/Hour: 1.9
- Admission Rate: 24%
- Coverage: 10- and 11-hour shifts with 42 hours of physician coverage and 30 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Scribe coverage provided during peak volumes
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine required
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
- Provides emergency cardiac catheterization
Valley Baptist Medical Center has served South Texas with a faith-based mission for nearly 100 years. The 586-bed teaching hospital serves as the lead trauma center in the region and is the only hospital in the area offering comprehensive stroke services, including advanced endovascular neurology procedures. VBMC's expanded relationship with the Veterans Administration allows veterans to stay in the Valley, rather than travel to San Antonio, for most of their health care needs. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
Harlingen, TX, is located just 30 miles from the Texas Gulf Coast and the popular beaches of South Padre Island. Harlingen is renowned for its larger-then-life-size murals that brighten the streets of downtown Harlingen and decorate the walls inside local businesses. Picturesque, palm-lined Jackson Street has served as Harlingen’s “main street” for more than a century, featuring family-friendly events including market days, walking tours, and family movie nights. In addition to birding, hunting, and fishing, outdoor activities include world-class golf at local country clubs and public golf courses - including but not limited to two 18-hole championship courses at Rancho Viejo Resort and a picturesque 18 hole course along the Laguna Madre Bay at the South Padre Island Golf Club.
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Valley Baptist Medical Center
2101 Pease Street
Harlingen, TX 78550
Apply for EM - Physician - Valley Baptist Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly