Chief of Hospital Medicine
The ideal candidate will provide the system-wide clinical and Physician/APP leadership for the hospital and supportive medicine services. Responsibilities include overseeing, directing, and implementing medical services to include quality programs/metrics, managing provider performance, formulating and refining clinical policies and procedures. This leader will provide input and support implementation of the hospital and supportive medicine service strategic plan, budgets and performance dashboard measures through coordination of efforts amongst the IMS leadership Council and the Executive Director of Operations.
Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school.
Current medical license in the State of Georgia; Board certification in Internal Medicine.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Seven years professional clinical experience in hospital medicine. Demonstrated leadership in a medical staff or group practice leadership position. Previous hospital medicine directorship is preferred.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Participates in the design and implementation of strategies and initiatives to optimize overall performance of hospital and supportive medicine services.
- Plans and directs activities to ensure high quality, accessible and cost-effective medical services for the patients. Works with hospital medicine Clinical Governance Council Chair to develop and execute clinical quality/value initiatives; responsible for execution of such initiatives.
- Improves care coordination activities between hospitalists, the clinical leaders of primary care and specialty care with a focus on Piedmont Clinic Care Coordination and other system activities.
- Evaluates the services provided, assessing whether new services should/could be offered or
- whether present services are appropriate, revenue generating, and/or cost effective.
- Works directly with administrative leadership to improve patient satisfaction/customer service performance.
- Works with the entity executive team to optimize patient care and patient safety during their hospital stay
- Promotes and ensures adherence to all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Physician Enterprise, and Piedmont Healthcare
- Monitors and consistently works to achieve a high level of physician morale, acting as a liaison between physicians, the medical directors, Physician Enterprise and Piedmont Healthcare leadership.
- Recommends and executes disciplinary actions in collaboration with other clinical and administrative leadership in accordance with Piedmont Healthcare’s and/or Physician Enterprise policies and procedures.
- Participates in the annual recruitment and network development plan and execution to include conducting interviews as needed.
- Acts as a mentor for all physicians or assigns an appropriate mentor and monitors the mentoring process.
- Arranges and conducts regular meetings and/or other communication channels with all hospital and supportive medicine providers to communicate status of major initiatives, clinical/quality improvement opportunities and promote cohesiveness and alignment.
- Attend the monthly sites IMS meeting.
- Resolves physician related issues in concert with the site medical director and provides guidance for overall medical policies.
- Leads a formal annual performance evaluation process of Medical Directors and ensures all clinicians are receiving performance reviews and feedback bi-annually to include advanced practitioners.
- Facilitate completion of and focus on, via the Dyad partnership of physicians and operations leadership, the annual priorities and strategic
- Provides hospital and supportive medicine representation (either directly or via proxy) on system and PE committees, including those related to Epic/IS, clinical governance, revenue cycle, compensation, and physician experience.
- Maintains a small (3 clinical shifts per month) clinical practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of community resources, standards, rules, regulations, guidelines and regulatory agencies.
- Strong knowledge of EPIC functionality and workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, leadership, facilitation and line management skills.
- Ability to lead and manage committees and team projects.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong working relationships with staff, physicians, and management.
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Apply for Chief of Hospital Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly