Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine
Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (73693)
The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People
As Long Island’s only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients’ lives. We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island. At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care. Become a member of our team.
Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Reasonable patient load. Closed ICU. Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- 5 CME days annually with $1500 CME stipend. License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits. Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
Required: MD or equivalent; Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine. If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience; research background; training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship. Chief Resident or similar leadership experience. New graduates welcome to apply as well.
The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units. Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research. Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties. Part time position -- will include night time shifts.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2243505
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly