Grand View Medical Practices
Full Time, Days / Evenings - As Grand View Health pursues the Level II Trauma Center accreditation, call coverage will be mandatory.
Sellersville, PA 18960
Grand View Health, which includes Bucks County's first hospital, has provided residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties with comprehensive healthcare services since 1913. Now a century strong, Grand View offers a range of inpatient and outpatient care, particularly emphasizing the areas of surgery and orthopedics, women's and children's health, heart and vascular care, and cancer treatment. Our colleagues enjoy the best of both worlds by working for a high-quality, low-cost healthcare provider in a collaborative, community environment. Help us build this new era of wellness and lead our community to a healthier future.
Looking for either a fellowship-trained or General Neuro-Surgeon to work collaboratively with our new Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Center team, including our experienced APPs. GVH is pursuing Level II Trauma Center accreditation and the Neuro-Surgeon will cover call, as well as responsibilities in an outpatient practice.
Grand View Health is in a growth phase and building a new pavilion onto its existing hospital to include new ORs, ER and Trauma Bay. GVH has recently invested in new equipment, including operative microscope, cranial and spinal navigation for the neurosurgical team.
Come be a part of an exciting time in the growth of GVH and continued excellent care for the community we serve.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work collaboratively with and under the direction of the Chief of Surgery, Chief of Neurosurgery, Chief Medical Officer and Trauma Program Medical Director in the following areas:
- Working with and assisting in the establishment of the Neuro-Surgery service line.
- Overseeing facets of neurosurgery surgical department.
- Promoting professionalism, integrity and collaboration within the organization.
- Working with surgical services and physicians to enhance alignment of GVH vision, goals, directives and benchmarks.
- Complying with all Joint Commission, Department of Health, PTSF and GVH policies and procedural requirements. Abiding by GVH Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Call coverage of the Level II Trauma Center as needed to ensure compliance with PTSF standards.
- Documenting in MEDITECH EMR (acute).
- Work collaboratively with Upper Bucks Orthopedic Associates (a Grand View Medical Practice) to care for, treat and provide appropriate surgical intervention for patients who need neurosurgery/spine surgery.
- Outpatient practices may include any area that UBOA cares for patients, including, but not limited to, Sellersville, Quakertown, Pennsburg, Hatfield, Harleysville, Chalfont and Lansdale.
- Hatfield/Colmar is a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility.
- Document in MEDITECH EMR (ambulatory).
- BC/BE in Neurosurgery
- Pennsylvania medical license
- Eligibility to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Doctor of Medicine required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen to others.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality.
- Builds and manages effective teams.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Instills commitment to organizational goals.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- Competency in the use of a variety of computer hardware and software systems.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Physician, licensed upon hire, required.
Apply for Physician, Neuro-Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly