Associate Chief of Geriatrics
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), we continually go the extra mile to further our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Each one of our 19,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make all communities we serve healthier – and better – places in which to live. Our health care professionals provide amazing care every day!
At LVHN, our core values – Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence – guide our decision making and behaviors. We bring our values to life through our actions and commitment to an inclusive and equitable workplace in which everyone feels like they belong and utilize their full potential. That is how each of our colleagues create exceptional experiences in a safe and secure environment for our patients and their loved ones, and for one another.
The Division of Geriatrics is seeking an Associate Chief who is a board certified internist or family medicine physician with either a geriatric fellowship or advanced training in geriatrics and/or hospitalist experience to join our award winning network in beautiful Allentown, PA. This physician should be passionate about geriatric care and services and have clinical background in the field. Our new Associate Chief will join a well-established, employed hospital group practice composed of 20 physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Will be the practice lead for a new group composed of all providers providing post-acute and LTC throughout the network
- Clinical lead for development of new post-acute collaboration with area nursing facilities including protocol development and implementation, quality improvement, telemedicine and education of providers and facilities.
- Updates policy procedures and assists with telehealth
- The Geriatrics Division provides teaching for network residents in IM, FP, Psych, and will have a Geriatric Fellowship commencing in July 2021. Opportunity for academic appointment at University of South Florida
- Enjoy an attractive Day Shift Schedule with flexible working hours
- Local travel as needed
- 3 years in post-acute and long-term care (PALTC)
- Medical Director experience is preferred
- Previous experience in leading a team of providers
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- A fellowship in Geriatric Medicine with Board Eligibility or Board Certification is preferred
- A valid PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
- ABPLM Certified is preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly Competitive compensation, Starting Bonus + Excellent benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
Apply for Associate Chief of Geriatrics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly