Physician - Colon and Rectal Surgery
Physician-Colorectal Surgeon, Bakersfield, CA
Surgical Affiliates Management Group, Inc. (SAMGI) seeks a Board-Certified Colorectal Surgeon for our new residency program at Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, CA.
- Full-Time opportunity in Bakersfield, CA
- No emergency call requirements
- Work 46 weeks annually/6 weeks PTO
- Participation in residency program education
- Must live within one-hour of Bakersfield
- Responsibilities will include all aspects of colorectal surgery
- Setting within both clinic and hospital, including non-emergent referrals from the ED
- 8-10 surgical cases per month
- Successful candidates must have experience and expertise in the full spectrum of colorectal surgery diseases, as well as general surgery diseases.
Excellent communication skills and interest in working in a collaborative / team-oriented
environments are a must
- Must have or be eligible for California State medical licensure
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- Completed an ACGME accredited General Surgery residency program as well as a Colorectal Surgery fellowship
- Must have five to seven years of clinical experience after completion of fellowship residency preferred, however new graduates with exceptional credentials and references will be strongly considered.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery with advanced laparoscopic and/or robotic skills and an interest in IBD and complex colorectal surgery.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Predictable work schedule
- Robust benefits package including health/dental/vision, malpractice, CME, 401K
- Stability in a private group with more than 25 years of surgicalist experience
Please contact Angel Headrick – firstname.lastname@example.org - at SAMGI to discuss this opportunity.
For more information on the practice, hospital and community please see the following links:
A surgicalist career path can enable you to achieve your ideal work-life balance. It’s a unique opportunity to leave behind the stress of juggling on-call duties, elective cases, and practice management duties, and enjoy the freedom to focus on providing the best possible patient care. If you’re a skilled surgeon looking for an exciting new challenge, joining our team can be life-changing. Positions are available throughout the country. Key roles within our surgery programs include: Acute, Trauma, Neuro, and Orthopedic surgeons, medical directors, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. A pioneer and leader in the surgicalist movement, Surgical Affiliates Management Group builds and manages full acute care teams across the nation. Created and owned by surgeons, Surgical Affiliates’ surgical hospitalist programs provide 24/7 emergency surgery care and evidence-based, care standardization programs to improve hospital workflow and efficiency. We are the only surgical hospitalist organization with published, peer-reviewed results demonstrating long-term excellence in patient care and ability to improve overall hospital performance. Our programs make a difference every day. In addition, we have helped several of our partner hospitals implement the emergency services and protocols required to earn designation as an ACS Verified Trauma Center.
Apply for Physician - Colon and Rectal Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly