Pediatric Palliative Medicine Physician
Penn State Health Children s Hospital Division of Complex and Palliative Care Hummingbird Program is seeking a Pediatric Palliative Medicine Physician.
Join our Hummingbird Program (Pediatric Palliative Care Program) now! We are committed to excellent clinical care and teaching. Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Hummingbird Program is a group of:
- 1 full time physician
- 1 full-time Nurse Practitioner
- 1 full-time Nurse Coordinator (RN)
- 1 part-time Counselor (soon to be full-time)
- Excellent administrative support
- Multidisciplinary palliative care services for patients with serious, life-limiting conditions, from the perinatal period through adolescence/young adulthood
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations and follow-up
- Symptom management, psychological and emotional support, goals of care discussions, advance care planning, facilitation of family and medical team meetings involving complex medical decision-making
- Post-PICU sedation medication weaning for medically complex children
- Hospice referral and end-of-life medical management
- Grief support and bereavement follow-up
- Education for families and health care providers
- Debriefing and support for health care providers
What we re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Pediatric palliative medicine-specific training preferred.
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- Someone interested in teaching.
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children s Hospital (which just underwent a vertical expansion to accommodate pediatric needs in Central Pennsylvania) is located in Hershey, which is near Harrisburg (our state capital). Hershey and the surrounding area is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living, whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 14,000 people system-wide. The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children s Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa., Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa., and more than 2,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 100 medical office locations. Additionally, our health system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region. Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $90 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Apply for Pediatric Palliative Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly