General Obstetrics and Gynecology & Family Planning - Kings County Hospital Center
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
The Department of Obstetrics Gynecology at the NYC H+H/Kings County, seeks applicants for a generalist OBGYN position, with additional training in Family Planning.
A commitment to respect for women and treating patients as a priority is necessary for this position. This encompasses a commitment to continuous learning, evidence-based patient care, accountability, honesty, teaching, research, and scholarship. Further, demonstrated experience and expertise in obstetrical management of patients, surgical skills and techniques, as well as ambulatory practice-based patient care is a must. Candidates must be collaborative, engage in multidisciplinary teamwork and communicate with patients and other care team members. Persons hired within the department of obstetrics and gynecology will be involved in quality improvement and performance improvement activities, as directed by department leadership.
A portion of time will be spent working alongside the Director of Family Planning in all clinical and educational activities. This includes providing first and second trimester abortion services in the office and OR, evaluating and treating complex contraception patients, teaching medical students and residents within the Ryan Residency Training Program, working within the Title V Family Planning grant, and assisting with development of the services provided in the Women s Options Unit. This includes participating in a call schedule for family planning consultations and rare emergency or urgent D&E procedures.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ambulatory Care Services
- In-Patient Services
- Family Planning Services
- On-call duties (nights and weekends)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct obstetric and gynecologic care to patients
- Provide gyn surgical care to patients, including minimally invasive techniques
- Provide generalist obstetric and gynecologic care to patients
- Provide the full scope of family planning services (e.g., 1st and 2nd trimester abortion (medical and surgical), moderate sedation for outpatient procedures, complex LARC placement and removals
- Provide supervision and teaching to Fellows, Residents and Medical Students
- Participate in OBGYN and Kings County Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Activities for gynecology
- Participate in didactic sessions for medical student and resident education.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified or Eligible in Family Planning
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for General Obstetrics and Gynecology & Family Planning - Kings County Hospital Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly