Clinical Faculty Physician – Academic Director, Household Centered Care (College of Medicine)
This clinical faculty physician position will direct the learning experiences of the medical students in the Household Centered Care component of the Longitudinal Primary Care course. Coordination of educational activities and development of session objectives with faculty from the UH College of Nursing, the UH Graduate College of Social Work, University of Houston-Downtown campus and the College of Medicine will be a key component of this position. This position will also contribute to the educational mission of University of Houston College of Medicine through facilitation of team based learning sessions and didactic sessions for medical students in other pre-clerkship medical school courses. This clinician will provide direct primary care at a University of Houston affiliated clinical site: either the Lone Star Circle of Care or The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD. This position will report directly to the Chairman of the Clinical Sciences Department. At this time, all faculty appointments in the College of Medicine are non-tenure track. The College of Medicine anticipates being able to make tenure track positions available for application in the future.
Specific duties include the following:
Educational Mission (70% Effort)
- Develop course objectives, session objectives and educational experiences for the 4 years of the Household Centered Care component of the Longitudinal Primary Care course.
- Coordinate the Household Centered Care educational experiences with the faculty from nursing and social work disciplines.
- Contribute to Team Based Learning Sessions in the Physicians, Patients and Populations Course and Basic Sciences courses.
- Precept medical students at a University of Houston College of Medicine affiliated clinical site as part of the Longitudinal Primary Care course and Household Centered Care.
Direct Patient Care (30% Effort)
Evaluate and treat adult patients at a University of Houston College of Medicine affiliated clinical site.
Provide input for the development of adult medicine clinical protocols and guidelines.
Contribute to quality improvement initiatives.
Participate in community outreach activities
Salary and rank commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
Full-Time: 1.0 FTE
Notes to Applicant
Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the university are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
- Medical Licensure in the State of Texas
- Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- At least 3-5 years clinical experience
- Experience teaching medical students and residents
- Experience documenting with an electronic medical record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with inter-professional teams
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience contributing to quality improvement projects
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Chinese
For additional information, and to apply, please visit our website.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Houston is nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.