Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
The Department of Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group is actively seeking an experienced Thoracic Surgeon to join its established team of surgeons and advanced practice providers as the Section Chief of Thoracic Surgery. In addition to clinical expertise, candidates should have leadership potential, a national reputation, and the ability to recruit additional faculty to the section as the practice grows. The Section Chief will be charged with building a robust Thoracic Surgery Section with the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Extensive experience and interest in thoracic oncology are required, and close collaboration with the Oncology Service Line will be essential. This role is an excellent opportunity for a physician with proven clinical skills and demonstrated academic experience to join a fully-staffed, fully supported team on the campus at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson as a Clinical Faculty member.
- The qualified candidate will be board-certified; additional fellowship training in thoracic surgical oncology is preferred
- Experienced in robotic & minimally invasive surgery
- Academic experience with the desire to work with residents and be actively involved in research
- Leadership experience/potential required
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate across service lines
- Ability to treat a diverse patient population
The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a fulltime clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, and be encouraged to participate in clinical or basic science research and will have a faculty appointment consistent with their credentials.
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson has a new 670,000 sq ft hospital tower, which opened 2019 with 22 new operating rooms. BUMC-T is renowned for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, teaching, and community service. Located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona, it hosts more than a million patient visits annually in and around Tucson.
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios and missions!
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food.
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Moderate cost of living
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit your CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
Apply for Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly