Chair of Emergency Services at Advocate Christ Medical Center
The Department Chair of Emergency Medicine is responsible for providing leadership and management for the emergency department. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with members of the medical staff, as well as nursing leadership, to provide emergency services for all patients who present to the emergency department. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with the heads of diagnostic and therapeutic departments to ensure availability, quality and effective use of services. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with administration of the Hospital, Advocate Medical Group and Advocate Physician Partners to ensure that the needs of the hospital, medical group and the physicians are met. The Chair monitors community needs and provides oversight into EMS system and disaster planning.
- The Clinical Department Chair will be a member of the Advocate Christ Medical Center medical staff.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Illinois
- Be currently board certified in his/her area of specialty with a practice limited to his/her area of specialty or major area of interest and qualifica tion.
- Have demonstrated experience and ability to provide leadership and to engender cooperation and support of colleagues; have had prior service in an adminis trative capacity in a clinical depart ment or on a medical staff.
- Possess demonstrated experience and participation as a knowledgeable and respon sive teacher.
- Have the ability to devote the time and effort needed for the effective and timely execution of the responsibilities associated with being a Depart ment Chair.
- Be a member in professional societies that are relevant and contribute to the department.
- Have academic experience including, clinical inves tiga tions and research, as well as previous presentations of publica tions and papers at medical meetings
- Demonstrate attendance at scientific meetings and on-going continu ing education activities.
- Responsible for providing overall direction of the Clinical Department, its patient care activities and programs and to ensure the highest possible quality of those medical services
- Responsible for identification of clinical program development and enhancement.
- Responsible for Clinical Excellence within Department
- Responsible for all educational programs within the Department including graduate,
- undergraduate, and continuing medical education programs
- Responsible for stimulation of Clinical Research.
- Responsible for overall administrative activities of the Department
- Provides support for faculty and community-based staff.
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive home town essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health, a top 12 not-for-profit health system in the nation, offers state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 caregivers includes more than 3,600 physicians and 1,800 advanced practice clinicians. Our strength and stability drives us forward and our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment. We strive to be on the forefront of a changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches that provide impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Apply for Chair of Emergency Services at Advocate Christ Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly