WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields is seeking an experienced Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician to join our hospital as a Physician Advisor.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate must have 7+ years of experience as an internal medicine/sub-specialty physician. The Physician Advisor (PA) is expected to advise, educate and assist the local facility/facilities through teaching, consulting, and advising the Case Management (CM) Department, Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Department and the medical staff on matters regarding physician practice patterns, documentation, over- and under-utilization of resources, medical necessity, compliance rules and regulations, collaboration and relationships with payers.
The PA will work collaboratively with the local leadership to address identified issues with practice patterns of specific providers.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Promote Franciscan Health Olympia Fields compliance with CMS, State and Payer policy regarding inpatient admissions and observation status, as well as the appropriateness of continued hospital stay.
- Work with Director of Clinical Effectiveness and Care Management to facilitate communication between payers and providers regarding benefit coverage issues, denials, utilization review and quality assurance processes. In addition, position requires professional engagement with the Vice President of Medical Affairs, Corporate Lead PA and System Medical Director of Franciscan Health Olympia Fields
- Ensure Quality improvement activities comply with all relevant requirements by State /Federal/ Accreditation Body.
- Conduct verbal and written review (including peer-to-peer) and appeal of denied or downgraded coverage determinations made by payers at local facility.
- Provide feedback to treating physicians (attending and consultants) on appropriate level of care, length of stay, and quality issues. Also seek additional clinical information from the treating physicians (including appropriate documentation of the plan of care to resolve utilization issues or modification to the treatment plan) to ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Reviews medical records of patients referred by the care management team and assist with clinical review for level of care determination, length of stay management, denial management process and determine if MCG criteria or other professionally recognized standards of quality care are met.
- Must portray excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build consensus; noticeable skills in engaging physicians and finding synergies.
- The ability to relate well to a wide variety of individuals. Comfortable working in groups, forming teams of physicians and management, with an ease in working with other diverse groupings.
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields has assembled an unmatched team of accomplished physicians to provide comprehensive healthcare services to patients of all ages across a broad spectrum of specialties and disciplines. The south and southwest suburbs now has a physician group comprised entirely of doctors that have developed experience and expertise in specific specialties.
In addition to developing clinical expertise in their specialties, Franciscan Health Olympia Fields doctors strongly embrace the philosophy that comfort, compassion, and patient satisfaction are key elements of quality care. So, we take our time. We listen. We counsel. We personally attend to our patients through the entirety of their care.
Experienced providers who share our mission of quality, compassionate care and outstanding customer service are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Health Olympia Fields we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous start-up and retention bonuses; relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Olympia Fields is a suburb of Chicago without the hustle and bustle of living downtown. It offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools. Park your car and ride the Olympia Fields Metra into downtown Chicago or neighboring cities Diverse employment base with good commercially insured base of employees.
Outdoors Activities available:
- Olympia Fields Park District – 150 acres of park land offering wellness, fitness, sports, arts, and dance programs.
- Iron Oaks Environmental Center – 40-acre nature preserve offering cross country skiing, trails, ponds, gardens, and more.
- Performing Arts Center, Theatres, and the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra
Apply for Physician Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly