RIDGECREST REGIONAL HOSPITAL - HOSPITALIST
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital (RRH) is looking for a qualified Hospitalist to join our team of physicians in providing excellent in-house patient care to adult and geriatric populations. Coverage will include six (6) 24-hour shifts per month, preferrable in two (2) blocks of three (3) 24-hour shifts.
You will be responsible for managing the entire treatment process for patients who have been admitted to our facility by creating and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories and physical findings, working with consultants, and updating information in existing patient records with the most recent findings.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is a non-profit, full service, Critical Access Hospital with 25 inpatient beds and 125-bed skilled nursing facility. Located in Ridgecrest, California, a two-hour drive from Los Angeles County, it is the only regional healthcare system in the area and provides a variety of services to people throughout Kern County and surrounding communities. The Emergency Department is a designated Level IV trauma center and is staffed with Emergency Medicine Board Certified physicians. A year and a half ago, RRH bought Liberty Ambulance and has its own helicopter and helipad for rapid transport of patients to higher-level-of-care facilities. Ridgecrest is the home of the China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station.
RRH’s health system currently consists of active medical staff members and advance practice professionals, offering multi-specialty healthcare and state-of-the-art facilities, including Hospital Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Urology - in association with the University of Southern California (USC), Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Pain Management, and Dermatology. Nephrology and dialysis services, again in conjunction with USC, will begin this summer. Tele-intensive care is provided by Sound Critical Care.
*M.D. or D.O.
*Active California Medical License
*Must be Board Certified or In-Process in Internal Medicine, Family Practice and/or Hospital Medicine
*Experience in Hospital Medicine
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provide excellent patient care.
- Create and recommend treatment plans.
- Take comprehensive patient medical histories and perform appropriate physical exams
- Update patient information and patient medical records with the latest findings and treatments in the hospital’s Allscripts Paragon electronic medical record
- Order tests for healthcare staff to administer.
- Review and interpret test results.
- Respond to questions and concerns from patients and their families about their healthcare and well-being
- Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene and self-care with patients to promote good health
- Comfortable working alone without 24/7 support from certain specialties at times.
- Manage patients on ventilators with assist from tele-intensivists.
- Familiar working with telemedicine consults for specialties including intensivists and nephrologists
For additional information, please contact:
Sara P. Essner
The Institute for Medical Leadership
Apply for Hospitalist Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly