The San Francisco VA Medical is currently recruiting for a full-time, board eligible/board certified psychiatrist for our Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Clearlake, CA.
The primary role will be for this position will focus on care of veterans as part of an integrated team of psychiatrists, mid-level practitioners, nurses, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, and clerks. The candidate may need to provide clinical services off tour and will be required to do so upon receipt of critical clinical messages. The candidate must be willing to be placed, detailed, or temporarily assigned to other related services and/or locations if necessary. The incumbent reports to the Chief, Psychiatry Service, or their designee.
As an outpatient Psychiatrist, you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to Veterans in need of psychiatric services. Duties include general adult psychiatric care, conducting diagnostic evaluations, psychiatric consults, medication management, and individual or group psychotherapy; may also be expected to provide direct clinical supervision of advanced practice nurses or physician assistants and other staff as appropriate. The population served consists of male and female Veterans of all ages and common diagnoses include anxiety disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depression and other mood disorders, Substance Use Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and other Serious Mental Illnesses, Dementias, and mental disorder related to Traumatic Brain Injuries. The incumbent will establish professional working relationships with other clinical service providers within the medical center and outlying clinics, provide telephone and e-consult consultations as needed, and is expected to cooperate with and participate in medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review and with other performance improvement activities as directed.
There is NO Call in this position.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/C
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State
Community, Facility and Organization
Clear Lake is the largest natural freshwater lake entirely within California, with 68 square miles of surface area. The expansive, warm water of Clear Lake makes it ideal for recreation, including swimming, water skiing, sailing, and boating. Its scenic beauty and abundant wildlife - combined with the cleanest air in California - make Clear lake an excellent place to slow down, enjoy nature, and just plain relax. Quality grapes, visionary winemakers, and high elevation terroir make Lake County one of California's premier viticultural regions. With 35-plus wineries and almost 9,000 acres planted in wine grapes, the area is reclaiming its pre-Prohibition reputation. Come see why this is the place to live, work and play!
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
Please send applications (curriculum vitae and letter of interest) via email to: Michael Naccarato, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant: email@example.com or call 602-277-5551 ext. 3526
Jason Tafoya, San Francisco VA Healthcare Recruiter; Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-270-6574
Apply for Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly